qazz42 wrote:
games I treated myself to: stanley parable, morrowind, and audio surf 2

Hmm. Morrowind. It's been a long time since I played that. I probably still have the install discs for that game buried somewhere. I modded the hell out of that game back in my desktop gaming days.
comicIDIOT wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
games I treated myself to: stanley parable, morrowind, and audio surf 2

Hmm. Morrowind. It's been a long time since I played that. I probably still have the install discs for that game buried somewhere. I modded the hell out of that game back in my desktop gaming days.

Oh yeah, big time, there's this one exe mod that essentially installs all the best mods needed. Only downside is that you have to disable steam community for some reason.

(I still contend Oblivion is the best TES game)
Very nice on all those acquisitions, guys. Comic, I am particularly jealous of yours (and I notice you're wearing a Silence shirt while holding the TARDIS throw for COMBO x2 WHOVIAN). Qazz42, I hope you managed to finish off all of those applications, and I think cookies were a good choice for an accompaniment.

My Christmas was very pleasant. I spent it with my family and Pepper, and good food, good presents, the second-to-last Firefly episode, and a rousing game of Scrabble were had by all. Pepper just started her first heat (after which she'll get spayed), so she was feeling a bit moody and needy, but everyone else had a great time. I asked for and received a bunch of new clothing that I've been procrastinating on getting myself for at least a year, so I am very happy. Funny how clothing and necessities are painful gifts when you're a child and coveted gifts as an adult. I also got a spiffy new wallet. I didn't ask for any gadgets, as I already treated myself to a Nexus 5 with case, SIM, and screen protector, and I'm still trying to figure out if my desktop's PSU is dying or its creakiness are from something else.

Merry (belated) Christmas and happy Boxing Day to all!
KermMartian wrote:
I asked for and received a bunch of new clothing that I've been procrastinating on getting myself for at least a year, so I am very happy. Funny how clothing and necessities are painful gifts when you're a child and coveted gifts as an adult.

I echo the same sentiment. On my end, I got 2 Lego Star Wars sets, Age of Empires 2 in HD (it was on sale on Steam for $5), and the chance to get an Nspire CAS.
Kerm: Firefly!!!!!!!!

Here's what I got:

A Kindle, a few books (not Kindle), and Amazon giftcard (for Kindle), an "Arrested Development" shirt, a thing my older sister made with a Portal 2 quote on it, and my favorite:

AN ARDUINO

and assorted parts...

EDIT: Ordelore: AOE 2 is a great game! Have fun with it!
Excellent, I have been looking for more AoE2HD opponents! We should play.
AoE2 sucks.
allynfolksjr wrote:
AoE2 sucks.
Which means you're in for a game later today, right?
I only have the original Razz

Anyone want to give me an AOE2HD Steam key?
pimathbrainiac wrote:
I only have the original Razz

Anyone want to give me an AOE2HD Steam key?
Go to http://store.steampowered.com/ , buy Steam for cheap, and then play. Huzzah!
Butbutbut I don't have steam funds Razz

s'okay, anyways. If I get it later, I get it later :I
KermMartian wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
AoE2 sucks.
Which means you're in for a game later today, right?

I'd rather light my hair on fire.

I mean, maybe.
One of my presents was a Raspberry Pi Model B. I was mulling over an Uno so the choice has been made for me. A good day with extended family and nieces and nephews meant toys (iPads) were not far away. Over here we were in the eye of the storm which has been sweeping southern England. Xmas Day however, was still and beautiful but as I type, the high winds and lashing rain are back....
May be peace be with you all for the New Year.
i got some pajamas (which was nice, cause i'm losing those i have left fast (I'm going to become the giant of the family)), Bose headphones (so comfy), and 2 gift cards (yay money!), besides a SodaStream (that thing that makes anything into a soda) + packets of mix, and a glow-in-the-dark Frisbee (that ill give to my brother who actually plays with such things). And ill be getting something else tomorrow.

hopefully everyone has gotten a gift they enjoy, and have gifted someone they know so that they can share that cherished emotion of happiness.
HP Prime! WOOT! (Does Juju's Supersonic Ball count, too?)
bb010g wrote:
HP Prime! WOOT! (Does Juju's Supersonic Ball count, too?)
I suppose it could count. Smile Are you going to do any Prime programming? Also, please feel free to report any HP Prime bugs that you run across.
I didn't really know what I wanted this year... Kinda unusual.
I got my little sister a couple of Hot-Wheels cars which she loves Razz

My parents did get me a terabyte hard drive, and a cool container for my Microcontroller and parts. Then on the 26th, we went to hang out at my grandparents. This christmas was cool I guess.
I finally paid off my mac book pro, so that is my favorite gift to myself. My mum wouldn't let me touch it till I paid for it all. It was horrible waiting for it.
But now Im happy.
zeldaking wrote:
I finally paid off my mac book pro, so that is my favorite gift to myself. My mum wouldn't let me touch it till I paid for it all. It was horrible waiting for it.
But now Im happy.
Congratulations, that's quite exciting (though as you know, I object to your choice of computer there Wink ).

16aroth6 wrote:
My parents did get me a terabyte hard drive, and a cool container for my Microcontroller and parts. Then on the 26th, we went to hang out at my grandparents. This christmas was cool I guess.
Good stuff, sounds like a fun and pleasant Christmas indeed. And I'm glad you have a way of keeping your components organized, as that's something I'm perennially short on.
I got a new computer to replace my 10 year old electronic. It has a 3.5 GHz 6 core processor and 8 GB of RAM. Even though it still doesn't run jsTIfied at full speed, I'm happy with it. Now I just have to learn Windows 8...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours