Does anyone know of decent strategy games for linux, preferably ubuntu. Right now i have found the battle for wesnoth.
Civ 2 + Wine Very Happy
I would try games using wine, but every time i try to use it i get some error or another. I will try to use it again though with that game since you were able to work.
lafferjm wrote:
I would try games using wine, but every time i try to use it i get some error or another. I will try to use it again though with that game since you were able to work.

I never tried it Razz

By the way, usually those errors can be solved - have you tried googling the error and/or using common sense? (eg, if it says its missing a .dll try, *gasp*, downloading the .dll!)
It was never anything about a dll, it was just a bunch of stuff about failing debug state or something like that, then just stopping. I guess i should google the error though.
You can try Glest if you want Linux-native strategy games. Frank's Corner has a decent amount of tutorials on how to install select games in Wine, as does linuX-gamers.net. As a last resort, you can browse WineHQ's Database of strategy games and see which ones work, or you can look into Cedega and/or PlayOnLinux (though the later is currently only in French).
Alright thanks for the recommendations, i will look them up.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours