ok, here is my problem: I know how to download the game onto my computer, and i have the cord to attach from calculator to computer. but can anyone give me step-by-step instructions for actually putting the game from the computer onto my calculator?
Shikamaru12 wrote:
ok, here is my problem: I know how to download the game onto my computer, and i have the cord to attach from calculator to computer. but can anyone give me step-by-step instructions for actually putting the game from the computer onto my calculator?

Nope, I can't, but the manual that came with the cord and/or calculator can, how about you look there?
You'll need to download and install TI-Connect from TI's website, http://education.ti.com . Once you have that, right-click on the file you want to send in Windows Explorer and choose Send to TI Device.
Also make sure you have the neccessary shell if it needs one. Try downloading Mirage OS or DCS from somewhere (Kerm's gonna tell you DCS for it is his creation Rolling Eyes) and sending it the same way.

If you don't need a shell for it, and its in the TI Basic section, just unarchive it and any parts the manual tells you to and run the one it tells you to run.
uuhh yeah thanks guys. i am just having my friend do it.
Shikamaru12 wrote:
uuhh yeah thanks guys. i am just having my friend do it.
Razz It's not really that challenging; surely someone smart enough to find Cemetech can figure out sending a program to h(is|er) calculator.

Btw, the Doors CS link is here: http://dcs.cemetech.net
KermMartian wrote:
Razz It's not really that challenging; surely someone smart enough to find Cemetech can figure out sending a program to h(is|er) calculator.

Yeah, but (s)he epically failed when it came to something as simple as opening a manual. What a lazy SOB.
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Yeah, but (s)he epically failed when it came to something as simple as opening a manual. What a lazy SOB.
I'd agree with you on that normally, but I try to go easy on newbies the first few times. Smile
actually, in my manual, it doesn't say, and on the games site, it doesn't actually tell me; it tells me how to get the cord, and what cord to use and all, but not the actual stuff. my calculator manual is useless; it is really big, but all it tells me is how to use the functions on the calculator.
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

no, actually it doesn't.

Kllrnohj wrote:
Shikamaru12 wrote:

Nope, I can't, but the manual that came with the cord and/or calculator can, how about you look there?
i already have mirageOS, i have some games, but i got them from other calculators. anyways guys, thanks for all the info. for the meantime i am having my friend, who has the cd, do it. in the future however this might all be useful.
Angel14995 wrote:
Also make sure you have the neccessary shell if it needs one. Try downloading Mirage OS or DCS from somewhere (Kerm's gonna tell you DCS for it is his creation Rolling Eyes) and sending it the same way.

If you don't need a shell for it, and its in the TI Basic section, just unarchive it and any parts the manual tells you to and run the one it tells you to run.
Whoa... Triple Post? Haven't seen one of these in a while.

1) Download .8X* file to send to a TI-8*
2) Install TI-Connect
3) Right click on .8X* file downloaded and click "Send to TI Device"
4) Once it goes through the process of finding the connected TI Device(I'm assuming you did turn the calc on, plug the USB into the calc and the computer and made sure that windows recognized it, correct?) then you just click Send.

Easy enough, right? Just as easy as using the Edit button instead of triple posting Wink
ummmm .8X*? TI-8?
swivelgames wrote:
Whoa... Triple Post? Haven't seen one of these in a while.

1) Download .8X* file to send to a TI-8*
2) Install TI-Connect
3) Right click on .8X* file downloaded and click "Send to TI Device"
4) Once it goes through the process of finding the connected TI Device(I'm assuming you did turn the calc on, plug the USB into the calc and the computer and made sure that windows recognized it, correct?) then you just click Send.

Easy enough, right? Just as easy as using the Edit button instead of triple posting Wink
.8x* is the TI-83+/TI-84+ file format. Other common formats:

.73*: TI-73
.82*: TI-82
.83*: TI-83
.86*: TI-86
etc
oh. so where can i download a .8x*?
KermMartian wrote:
.8x* is the TI-83+/TI-84+ file format. Other common formats:

.73*: TI-73
.82*: TI-82
.83*: TI-83
.86*: TI-86
etc
You said you downloaded the games for the calc right? What kind of calculator do you have?

The extensions Kerm pointed out were File Extensions.
I have an 84+. and i downloaded a game onto my computer, but the games i already have on my calc are from other people calculators.
swivelgames wrote:
You said you downloaded the games for the calc right? What kind of calculator do you have?

You need to make sure the file extension matches with the type of calculator you have. If you downloaded a game for the TI-89 Titanium and you have a TI-83, theres no way that would work. You need to download TI-83 programs for the TI-83, etc... Get it?

So check the file extension of the file you downloaded and match it to the list Kerm created for you and check to see if the extensions match the type of calculator.

So: the extension needs to be(the end of the file name needs to look like:) ...".8x*"
The * represents a wildcard, meaning any character, letter, or number. I hope thats not complicated for you.
nope that makes sense. thanks. i already know that i got the right type of game. it tells about checking it on the sites instructions.
swivelgames wrote:

You need to make sure the file extension matches with the type of calculator you have. If you downloaded a game for the TI-89 Titanium and you have a TI-83, theres no way that would work. You need to download TI-83 programs for the TI-83, etc... Get it?

So check the file extension of the file you downloaded and match it to the list Kerm created for you and check to see if the extensions match the type of calculator.

So: the extension needs to be(the end of the file name needs to look like:) ...".8x*"
The * represents a wildcard, meaning any character, letter, or number. I hope thats not complicated for you.
Still?!? Wow... sad. But OK, its not every day that you meet someone with common sense any more.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours