http://www.swivelgames.com/

Tips on prevention?
swivelgames wrote:
http://www.swivelgames.com/

[image]

Tips on prevention?
So the same thing as Alex then. Shock What's up with this? I'd better watch out or it will happen to Cemetech next. Razz
@Swivel : Can't really think of any sort of prevention method. r00t's pretty good IMO, although I've no prior experience with hackers. To be honest, since r00t can alter your files, just keep a spare dl of your files on hand to reupload over the affected ones. You know, the basics.
KeithJohansen wrote:
@Swivel : Can't really think of any sort of prevention method. r00t's pretty good IMO, although I've no prior experience with hackers. To be honest, since r00t can alter your files, just keep a spare dl of your files on hand to reupload over the affected ones. You know, the basics.

A really really quick google search seemed to indicate that "root-X" is for script kiddies - aka, not a hacker at all (and therefore sucks).

Prevention is easy: Keep your shit up to date and sign up for the security mailing lists of the apps you use (phpBB, etc...). Oh, and notify your web host so they can make sure all their progs are secure.
I have a tip: don't have a website nobody visits.
Does the middle finger mean anything to you?

swivelgames.com doesn't have many visits, but my home server has around 5-10 daily visitors. Which isn't bad for my previous stats.

I'll soon move my home server to swivelgames.com when its finished.
But so far its been going good.

----------------
Now playing: Coldplay - Swallowed In The Sea
via FoxyTunes

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours