Has Apple become arrogant?
Yes
 90%  [ 9 ]
No
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

I don't know about you, but some of the stuff Apple has done lately has started to piss me off and I didn't like Apple to begin with...

Examples:
http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/09/30/apple-humor/

That guy finds it funny - I find it in extremely poor taste (especially once you remember that MS is the largest 3rd party software developer for Mac).

I must agree with this article: http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/columns/executive_tech/article.php/3703216
Apple has been screwing people over and messing with people a lot lately...

And where did you find that "MS is the largest 3rd party software developer for Mac" information? I'm just wondering, it sounds a little wierd to me, I mean, Microsoft writing programs for Mac? Or is it the .exe files run under both?
MS writes office, etc etc for Mac. That's pretty substantial.
And WMP was a big one before iTunes.
I agree it is rather arrogant. I haven't seen MS taking cheap shots at Apple like that.

And for the record, I've recently installed Vista on my machine, and I haven't had one crash. A few wrinkles to iron out, but it's a very well made OS.
hey everyone long time since i posted...but i had too after i saw Cure's post. I agree that MS has not been taking cheap shots at apple, but i greatly dislike Windows Vista, I got Home Premium on a new laptop a few months back and I hate it. It annoys me how every time you install something it asks you if you are sure twice...and it pretends to be so secure by asking, "are you sure?" for just about everything you do....
Mexi1010 wrote:
hey everyone long time since i posted...but i had too after i saw Cure's post. I agree that MS has not been taking cheap shots at apple, but i greatly dislike Windows Vista, I got Home Premium on a new laptop a few months back and I hate it. It annoys me how every time you install something it asks you if you are sure twice...and it pretends to be so secure by asking, "are you sure?" for just about everything you do....

So turn UAC off - problem solved. Control Panel->User Accounts->Turn User Account Control On or Off - its that simple Smile
Ubuntu has a similar security prompting for root password when doing administrative tasks, but I don't hear other people complaining about it.

But I do agree that it is annoying that it asks me if I want to copy and paste something, even though I have an administrative account.

I don't understand hating an OS just because it prompts for your permission.

Besides, UAC can be turned off you know: Turning off UAC.

Googling it produces many other guides.

Edit: Kllrnohj beat me to it. : P

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours