OK, so the left monitor is 1024x768, the middle monitor is my tablet PC with the screen turned backwards (1280x768), and the rightmost monitor is 1280x1024. I'm using UltraMon for my multimonitor profile management, a custom wallpaper, and the Beziers screensaver set to use all three displays as one. The monitor on the right is actually a completely separate computer running Windows XP, with its video being sent over ethernet. If I so choose, I can also switch it to remote mode so I can use it from my same keyboard and mouse as a separate computer. You can also see SimmsAI wearing a sombrero in the corner.

Eh, thats kind of cool - I guess. But its really nothing new. There are programs that easily allow you to use multiple computers as one (so, for example, using two laptops with one set of input for a dual-monitor setup), and there is also the Matrox TripleHeadToGo which will give you three monitors from one video card output (hell, with a dual-head card and two of those you could have 6 monitors).

I could also just use the two DVI outputs and 1 component out for 3 "monitors" (although one would be a TV - but a small, 22in or so HDTV would look the same as a monitor).
@Kllrnohj: Would that allow (the DVI outputs) to have good quality output, like watching a movie good? Just wondering.

And Kerm, nice monitors. But 3? I mean, come on, what do you do? Run the world?
Angel14995 wrote:
@Kllrnohj: Would that allow (the DVI outputs) to have good quality output, like watching a movie good? Just wondering.

DVI is the highest quality consumer level video connection available and is all digital, so either you have no idea what DVI is or you need to rephrase your question...
@Angel: you know it! Very Happy
@Kllrnohj: Did I claim it was original? Razz I'm showing off my cool setup, not claiming I introduced something new and unusual.
Hmm, makes me wonder if Simms is an illegal immigrant... Razz
calc84maniac wrote:
Now now, no mocking Simms' sometimes-shaky grasp of the English language. Very Happy
Kerm, something tells me you have too much time on your hands, but that is just me.
KermMartian wrote:
calc84maniac wrote:
Now now, no mocking Simms' sometimes-shaky grasp of the English language. Very Happy
I was talking more about the sombrero, but that works too. Very Happy
calc84maniac wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
calc84maniac wrote:
I was talking more about the sombrero, but that works too. Very Happy
I know what you meant, I was just taking the joke a bit further.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours