Sorry to appear out of nowhere begging for help...

My school is doing a play version of 1984 for the one-act competition. One of the pieces we need is a portrait of Big Brother that not only follows actors across the stage with his eye, but also speaks. He doesn't talk as often as a main character, but still quite a bit.
My idea is to have a small application that draws a 3D model to do all that. Mouse input for moving eyes, keystrokes for talking (eg, "c" key for saying "War is Peace" for his line during the Two Minutes Hate).

I need help getting this character to say all the lines. I've already found a tutorial to do lip-syncing, but I don't have the manpower to get all those lines animated in the time table I like. I still need the program, but I'm not nearly as worried about that as getting this model together. I just need people to help animate the lip syncing.

If anyone is able to help, please either reply here or send me a message. I'll find a way to post the model once I finish it, hopefully tomorrow or day after.
What is the timetable like?

Also, what are you useing to do lip syncing?
I had originally planned on getting everything done by the first monday in november, so 3rd/4th would be the last days to work. I think I'll have to extend that to at least the end of november, if we have that long before rehearsals start.

As for software, 3ds Max or Blender are options. I've already found a tutorial for blender, but not 3dsMax.
Blender has a lip sync script included Very Happy
Harq wrote:
Blender has a lip sync script included Very Happy

Huh? You'd think it'd have turned up in my google search...

/me checks....

They need to make those things more obvious.
Also, here is a tutorial for subsurf head modelling =)

http://www.linuxgraphic.org/section3d/blender/pages/didacticiels/head-subsurf/index-ang.html

Another alternative would be to record someone as big brother and just run those film clips Smile
Harq wrote:
Also, here is a tutorial for subsurf head modelling =)

http://www.linuxgraphic.org/section3d/blender/pages/didacticiels/head-subsurf/index-ang.html

Another alternative would be to record someone as big brother and just run those film clips Smile

The head modeling is handled by a little confusing program called makehuman

And the film clips are being done by another group as backup.
I know Makehuman =)
So do I, now that I've used it...

Here's the model, for those that want it.
Harq said I should post some lines. Hope these are enough

From the Two Minutes Hate. I would break the line on the pauses:

BIG BROTHER: Comrades, repeat after me: War is Peace. [Pause while group repeats] Freedom is Slavery. [Pause while group repeats] Ignorance is Strength. [Pause while group repeats] Comrades -- in a moment you will hear the despised Goldstein, whose shadowy army conspires to destroy our new happy life. Listen to his lies, comrades . . . then show him what you think.

From just before the Ministry of Love:

LOUDSPEAKER: [harsh and strident] You are the dead!
JULIA: ...
LOUDSPEAKER: It was behind the picture. Stay where you are. Do not move
WINSTON: ...
LOUDSPEAKER: The house is surrounded. Place your hands behind your heads. Stand absolutely still.
JULIA: ...
LOUDSPEAKER: You may as well say good-by. Why not sing the last line of your song? "Here comes a candle to light you to bed. Here comes a chopper to chop of your head."

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours