Hey all.

My latest project is SCMS, or Simple CMS. Its a content management system with a different structure then some other content management system.

http://72.48.165.172:8080/scms/index.php

To see a list of Alpha testers, goto:
http://72.48.165.172:8080/scms/index.php?mems

Right now its in Alpha stage.

Heres a list of features at the moment:
  • Manage Modes
    • Create Modes
    • Modes: Modes represent a page and different content.
      (Also, the mode = mode1 in: index.php?mode1)
    • Limit views to certain access levels
    • Choose files from list, or create a file.
      (New files can be associated with news categories, which will then be automatically added to them)
    • Choose menu for mode to display on as link, or choose for it not to be displayed.
    • Choose display position on menu.
    • Choose a parent mode(index.php?mode&mode2), or make mode a parent itself(index.php?mode2)

• Delete Modes
    • Choose to delete associated file or not to

• Edit Modes
    • Change all features of a mode except title and mode

• Manage News Posts and News Categories
    • Create news categories for posting in
    • Edit news categories(edit the title)
    • Delete news categories, and choose to keep or delete all posts or move them.

• Post, Edit, and Delete your news posts.
    • SA & Admin Global Editing: If you're an Admin(access level: 4) or SA(access level: 5) you may edit all posts posted by users with equal or a lower access level than you.
    • Use BBCode in posts
    • All edited posts show who last edited the post, and when they did.

• Manage Bans
    • Ban by IP or Account
    • If banned by IP, it will try and match the IP Banned with the IPs used by users. If theres a match, it will show it next to the ban on the ban list.
    • Temp-ban length can be set in minutes, hours, days, or you may set a date that the user will be unbanned on.

• Manage Error Stats
      Errors are logged with a level of importance, and every time an error occurs, all needed information to investigate the errors are sent to the administator.
    • Super Administrators may delete an error logged, but Admins and lower may not. This is because, most Super Administrators usually will have a better chance of having access to files over Administrators.

• Edit Administrator notes for all admins/sa's to see and edit themselves.
    A notice is shown when the administrator notes have been updated and you have not viewed them since it was.
  • Message Center
    • Users can start conversations with other users.
    • Conversations are like threads but only viewable by the starter and recipient
    • On deletion of conversations: Users must agree to delete a conversation and all its content.
    • Once a message has been added to the conversation, it cannot be deleted, but if it has not been viewed yet, it may be edited.

I need a lot of suggestions. I will later be adding a Simple Forum to it, but not yet. Also, my previous project: SPAS(Simple PHP Archive Script) is easily integrated with Simple CMS and so will Simple Forum when I start and finish on it.

Suggestions? Constructive Criticism?

There are a lot more features that will be added to this project, but I need you guys to give me some suggestions. Because, personally, I don't know what some of the features that might be wanted.

I'm also looking for some Alpha testers and programmers that would like to help me out with this project. I think most of the programming part of this project is pretty much taken care of by me, but if you want to help out, I might be able to find a spot in this project for you. Not just programming, but also Super Administrators and Administrators to test out features and just have fun with the project. SAs and Admins are not just volunteer and receive. It will choose who will be SAs, Admins, Moderators, News Posters, or just regular users.

My Current to do list, in the Administrator Notes so my Alpha testers may add to it:
    To Do List(Needs): Enable edit conversation post and add notices; Register and Remember me functions; Attach the Archive script; Friends Functions and List;

Request List(Wants): Profile page(e.g. avatar, personal info, etc);

NOTE: I might have left out some features.
My suggestion would be to make it as dynamic as possible (AJAX), so there is minimal loading and quicker feedback on things such as site layout (drag/drop pieces into place, for example).
Is there anyone here who would like to take part in helping me with that? I would enjoy the experience. I have not done much with AJAX, but have looked into it. Simple things, like hide and show the side menus on Swivelgames.com right now is pretty much as far as I've gone with AJAX. I just haven't really gotten around to learning much about it. Can't be hard, I've bought a book on it a few months back. I'll read up on it a little more, and look into some things like 'drag and drop', and using grids and what not.

Thanks for the suggest kllr.
hide/show isn't AJAX. AJAX is like SAX, where data is transmitted and received without reloading the entire page. Or how in gmail when you hit send message you are instantly dropped back to the inbox without a page load, and the inbox updates every xx seconds, again without reloading the page.

Please don't confuse fancy page-altering javascript with AJAX Smile
Quote:
hide/show isn't AJAX. AJAX is like SAX
I didn't really explain did I? lol. I just used some simple AJAX to update the user table every time a user hid or unhid their CP. That way, if they hide their CP then it will stay hidden until they unhide it. Really Really simple AJAX. I learned from looking at SAX' code. But yes, I did use AJAX. Sorry about not explaining. I know the difference between fancy page-altering javascript and AJAX, lol.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours