I am going to make a game based off my current occupation, pushing carts. If i did it i do not know if i would do it from a supervisor/manager view, or the workers view. If i did it from the workers view i would have it so you would just go out and collect them and you would have strength and stamina that would determine just how good you would be able to do it. If i did it from the supervisor/manager view i would have it so you would hire the workers. The workers would get better the longer they worked. Then you also get a budget that you would have to work by, and you could use it to help the workers out.

Which view do you guys think i should do, supervisor/manager, worker, or two games one with each?
I think both together, so you can get promoted from pusher to manager, perhaps with an intermediate step or two.
That sound's like a good idea. I think i might try to do it that way. The only thing i am worried about will be the size.
...if you do use that idea, you should have it so that each position (cart pusher, checkout person, janitor, etc.) will have a different mini-game associated with it. For example, while a cart pusher will have to make sure the ever-long line of carts doesn't hit cars, the janitor will have to make sure to keep the floor as clean as possible without too many people slipping.
That sounds good. I was also thinking of adding in a minigame where you drive to work and avoid the cars and try to follow speed limits so you don't get caught by police.
Due to the fact that i got a D+ in my government class i am gonna have 3 weeks from a computer except for school work. Because of this i am gonna have plenty time to work on this game so expect updates in about three weeks.
lafferjm wrote:
Due to the fact that i got a D+ in my government class i am gonna have 3 weeks from a computer except for school work. Because of this i am gonna have plenty time to work on this game so expect updates in about three weeks.

So instead of slacking and not doing your homework/studying by surfing the web, you are going to slack and not do your homework/study by programming on your calc? I think you are kind of missing the point...
I second what Kllrnohj said. Razz Finish your work so you do well in your courses, then work on your calculator projects.
Currently I am being forced to not procrastinate a Technical Drama project instead of finishing up my Connect 4 AI D: This is absolutely horrible.

Also on cart pusher; suggestions:

Add random events: *You found a 5 dollar bill in the cart*... *You find a wallet in the cart! What to do A) Call number inside B) Keep money

Ect.
Interesting idea, pseudoprogrammer; that would bring more of an RPG-based element to the game.
Well my mom swears up and down that she said six weeks and not three so it will be a while longer till i can get back. She also told me pretty much the same thing that kllrnohj said, and i am not allowed to program my calculator either.
Can't you program on the bus or during lunch or whatnot?
Kinda sucks that you're in said position. Best of luck to you.

Cart Pusher sounds fun. I'm looking forward to playing it. ^_^
I have made some progress on this game but not much. Most of the things that i have done have been drawn up on paper and need to be programmed in. Before i do this i have a couple of questions regarding what i should do.

First question: Would you(the player) prefer the game on the homescreen or the graphscreen?

Second question: How should i represent your line of carts? Should i use a line and if you push left you and the whole line move left, or have the carts turn sort of like they normally would, or should i just put a number in front of your character to represent your number?
I'd say graphscreen unless it's going to make the game unplayably slow as far as graphics rendering goes.

I think the carts should each be represented by a discrete sprite or character of some sort.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours