Don't be a failure! Say it the right way! It's KEH'meh'tek.
http://www.cemetech.net/files/kemetech.wav
What spawned this? Someone mispronouncing it on Skype or something?
Kllrnohj wrote:
What spawned this? Someone mispronouncing it on Skype or something?
No, people on #tcpa in IRC were contributing their various butcherings of the pronunciation.
Sorry I've butchered it around school before. Sad

I still can't get myself to always say it like that.... I always accidentally say seam'tech
I used to pronounce it like semetech until i actually took the time to read the homepage.
Yeah, Kerm failz with the "ce" pronunciation Razz
I usually pronounce it Keh'me'tek
lafferjm wrote:
I used to pronounce it like semetech until i actually took the time to read the homepage.

Same here.
As long as I've corrected at least a few pronunciations, I'll count that as having done my duty.
who's voice is that in the sound file?
Groene07 wrote:
who's voice is that in the sound file?
Very Happy That would be mine, why?
hmm...It sounded like one of those online pronunciators. Razz
My mom says KIH-MA-TEK and used to say SEE-MEE-TEK till I told her it was keh-meh-tek, but she still says it wrong >.< I used to say see-mee-tek untill I got in the habit of the correct way.
I had been pronouncing it almost correctly; but then calc84maniac set me straight in the pronunciation of the word. Rolling Eyes
Sting::Ray wrote:
I had been pronouncing it almost correctly; but then calc84maniac set me straight in the pronunciation of the word. Rolling Eyes
What is an "almost" correct pronunciation of Cemetech?
One of the kids at my school say see-mee-tik. Rolling Eyes

Don't have any idea why he can't pronounce the tech part right. Razz
Groene07 wrote:
One of the kids at my school say see-mee-tik. Rolling Eyes

Don't have any idea why he can't pronounce the tech part right. Razz
Razz That's the least-commonly butchered part of the whole thing; that takes some serious skill to screw up. You should get said peer to join, though.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
My mom says KIH-MA-TEK...

Same here... Surprised Oh well, I live in the semi-south... Wink
KermMartian wrote:
Sting::Ray wrote:
What is an "almost" correct pronunciation of Cemetech?

I don't remember how I used to pronounce it; but I know it was wrong. Smile
Now I'm right! Very Happy
As far as I know, I originally pronounced it "se-me-tech" before I joined as a member (It was my friend Mike who introduced me to DCS and Cemetech in the first place). I think it was HIS mis-pronouncing that rubbed off on me. Since being a member, I pretty much always pronounce it right.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours