Will you contact Square Enix of North America to get KHII:FM+ out in North America?
Yes
 11%  [ 1 ]
No
 77%  [ 7 ]
Who's Square Enix?
 0%  [ 0 ]
What's Kingdom Hearts?
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

*insert random curse words here*!

Square Enix just recently decided that all the Final Mix games for the Kingdom Hearts series are for Japan exclusively. Now, lemme really start this rant:

THEY STOPPED THE RELEASE! There were thousands of people waiting for the release of KHII:FM+. We are still waiting for KH:FM. Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II both made PS2 Greatest Hits list, meaning they sold like a ton in a certain amount of time. There were, at last count when KHII was released, about 10,000 people on KHInsider that were waiting for the North American and European version of the Final Mix. This Final Mix will not only encompass KHII, but also Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, a GBA game that chronicled the story between KH and KHII.

Oh, sorry, the Final Mix games add more to the storyline (more cut scenes), add more enemies, allow the fighting of other extra bosses and even allow you to see the more extensive Extra Endings.

Now, Kingdom Hearts is one of my favorite series (as you can see by my avatar, which I need to change... Master Form this time?). My little brother got KH:COM first, then we beat it and were amazed at the storyline and game, so we bought the first game. I think I currently take up close to half of our memory card just for the savegames. After we found out that KHII was to be released, we saved our money like crazy and waited until it came out. Soon after it came out we bought it, and have been playing on it quite often. Granted, we have other games, and we do play them, but KHII and KH are just awesome.

Now, since they are not going to release it in Europe and North America, I need some help. We all need to write, call, and contact Square Enix of North America and get them to get this game out for the Americans and Europeans. If this doesn't happen, I foresee many angry gamers, and angry gamers are not nice to fight with... If you read Crtl+Alt+Delete (and I hope you do), there are a couple of comics that explain this situation perfectly (not for this game, but for other games).
Well that sucks... I've played/watched the first game, and it was sweet. I can't believe they wouldn't bring KH:FM over here, especially with the success of their first two games...
No, originally they didn't bring KH:FM over at all. Now after there is so much hype, they kill KHII:FM+ for the US. After SO MUCH hype, they kill it.
Bahahahaha! PWNT!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself Very Happy.

But hey, just plop a modchip in your PS2 and import it - whats the problem? Can't you read Japanese? Razz
But who has the time and wants to viod their warranty to spend the money to import it and get a translation guide, then spend another couple of days just to get back all the data I worked for close to 30 hours to get where I am now. Yes, it should be easier since I have already beat the game, but the guy who created the KH series realized that KHII was way too easy, and decided to basically supe up the hardness so that people wouldn't be bored.

But yeah, that would be a good idea if I didn't want to void my family's PS2 warranty.
Simply put, stuff happens. You can't always get what you want. Besides, another game will come out that will captivate you and you'll forget all about this.
Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ was never meant to come out here in the U.S., or outside Japan for that matter. Here's the Kingdom Hearts release cycle:

1. Kingdom Hearts game released in Japan
2. Kingdom Hearts game released in North America with extra bosses, levels, etc. not in the Japanese version of the game
3. Kingdom Hearts re-released only in Japan as a Final Mix title with all of the North American content, plus more stuff. You can't have a Japanese game released in North America with more stuff than the Japanese release version now can you?

And to make this post worthy of a 2 year necropost: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is coming out for DS in September (and was mistakenly announced to be coming out for the Wii during Nintendo's E3 press briefing Laughing)
Haha, epic necropost. We should see if we could get Angel to return to defend himself (?) here.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours