My dad's restaurant got robbed over the weekend. All they took was a gum ball machine and broke the glass door. (Total expenses: $1100) Since we have video surveillance we were able to see the guy and he is in jail right now. (I will post a link to the video once I upload it on YouTube.)
Yay for video surveillance! Why would someone want to steal a gumball machine, though?! Isn't that about the least optimal weight-to-profit ratio possible?
Who steals a gumball machine...
alex10819 wrote:
Who steals a gumball machine...
See my post above. Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
Yay for video surveillance! Why would someone want to steal a gumball machine, though?! Isn't that about the least optimal weight-to-profit ratio possible?

Someone who desperately wants a gumball machine and/or someone under heavy influence of drugs? I, personally, would wager the latter...
Yes, yes, please note the 6 second time difference Razz
He looked like he wanted to steal something else, but we have a very loud alarm and he probably got scared when he heard it and just grabbed the nearest thing by the window.
You know, it's the weirdest thing... I haven't heard from my brother all day...
Do you normally hear from him everyday?
Mexi1010 wrote:
He looked like he wanted to steal something else, but we have a very loud alarm and he probably got scared when he heard it and just grabbed the nearest thing by the window.
Ah, that makes sense. I think in that situation I'd just run, though. Razz
I sure hope you would not GET into that situation Kerm. Very Happy
Mexi1010 wrote:
I sure hope you would not GET into that situation Kerm. Very Happy
Razz That was an obviously-implied prerequisite of my post.
To those of you saying who would steal a gumball machine I leave you with this: Who wouldn't steal a gumball machine?
I think Super Speler wins this one guys... (and I'm serious) Neutral
people are crazy. what ticks me off at work is when people in drive through come up and order this big meal (like four 4 piece chicken tenders or an 12/16 piece chicken meal (especially if we don't have that much chicken) and then drive off, as now we wasted all that food making it).
rivereye wrote:
people are crazy. what ticks me off at work is when people in drive through come up and order this big meal (like four 4 piece chicken tenders or an 12/16 piece chicken meal (especially if we don't have that much chicken) and then drive off, as now we wasted all that food making it).

screw that - I'd eat it. Be like, "Hey boss, rather than throwing it into the trash, can we throw it into my mouth?"
yeah, would be nice, but with chicken, we just put it on hold, and hopefully we can get more tender orders quickly. That, and I think under health code, we can't eat unless we are on break or something.
Than take a break, really fast. Laughing
You make it sound like a common occurrence for people to order food and then drive off. wtf?
at least once a week it seems (and that is when I work).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours