It is screen corruption, but it only happens when you chain... If I don't chain I don't get any problems, and the games work perfect.
It still makes zero sense to me. Have you ever seen this screen corruption on your calculator before?

And have you tried this on an emulator? I really need to be able to duplicate this problem SOMEHOW, or it's just never going to be fixed.
No I can't get this to work on wabbitemu or PTI it only happens on calc. But I will keep trying.
Oh and same as rax on the screen thing.
I can not replicate this error on an emulator... Also, I have never seen this screen corruption on my calc before...
Edit: I also tried this on wabbitemu, it had no problems though...
No it doesn't look like the bad lcd driver and I ran ALCDFIX before I ran the program. The error happens with your game batcave it only happens when I chain the hooks. If I don't cahin it works fine but I can't use any of xLib or omnicalc programing comands. The error occurs when the program is ran so it must be an issue of how you chain the comands but I don't claim to know enough asm to know for sure.
OMG i just figurd somthing out that might help. Text works fine, only sprites that are affected I hope that helps you figrue it out.
Very odd..

Just throwing stuff out there, but methinks the absence of corruption on emus is maybe due to an absence of an LCD delay. But.. aside from that, I don't see how this is happenening, unless XLIB is doing something nasty with various saferam areas, but even then, I don't understand how that could mess up plotSScreen.
I had another idea, both omnicalc and xLib have sprite functons it must have somthing to do with that. Or it might have somthing to do with how they handle real commands maybe when Noshell runs a program you need to cheack to see if it is a basic program or not and if it isn't then disable their hooks and if it is let them stay enabled.
Well I finally made a video showing my problem (two actually), but altogether they're over 200 mb's Sad and I don't know where to upload them....
You made 200MBs worth of videos? Surely you can compress that somehow with a codec or zipper.

One of you said you had an 84+SE with OS 2.41, and so do I...I did exactly what you said with the same game and same apps, and it doesn't happen for me. If I could get it to happen just once, I'd put some time into it, but until I see it happen, there's just nothing I can do. Sad
I don't know why they're so big, heck the first one is 2 min long and is 130 mb's. My web cam sucks.. Sad

I used winrar and zipped them up, but I'm having technical difficulties and I will upload them on media fire tomorrow.
rax14207 wrote:
Well I finally made a video showing my problem (two actually), but altogether they're over 200 mb's Sad and I don't know where to upload them....

Maybe I could be of some odd use. Put it in WinMovieMkr and export (save) it as a .WMV for Computer... "Other setting," choose one of the "for Broadband settings," save it, then upload it somewhere.
http://www.filefactory.com/ lets you upload stuff up to 300mb w/o registering.
I've got nothing much better to do, so I'd thought I'd try to help.

EDIT: looks like you already posted! Very Happy How slow I am!
Thx's for the advice! It cut the size from 78 mb's in a zipped file to 8 mb's not zipped(7 after zipping Very Happy ..... So now you all get to enjoy my great web com skills Very Happy
http://www.mediafire.com/?3nbyhguv1wn
The beginnings shows the problems A few of us have been having and also shows my game, Hunter, when I run it the first time the border disapear (on the stat distribution screen) and the run indicator turns on, This happens when I run it in any shell though, or even after entering and exiting a shell, so this is probably a problem with xLib.
Next, it shows when you don't chain everything works fine, except for Hunter, which crashed my calc.... Neutral
Hopefully you can figure out what's wrong, if not I just won't chain, because even whit out the ability to chain, noshell is awesome. Smile
Thanks for taking the time to make that, I really appreciate it. I still have no clue what's wrong, but I still appreciate it. Smile

It looks like SE screen corruption, but 1) you've never gotten that problem before, and 2) there's no way chaining affects the LCD timings.

I really have no clue, and I still can't duplicate it, so if you're willing, I suppose you'll have to be my guinea pig and test a few builds of it for me to track it down.

To avoid cluttering up the forum, you might want to just e-mail me (brandonlw@gmail.com), or find me on IRC in #tcpa on EFNet (or #cemetech), or whatever else you want to do.
Nice job on being featured at ticalc! Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours