TheStorm wrote:
I had a thought, I belive Kerm finishe runprog for DCS so couldn't add somthing in so that if the program is in DCS asm you use that to run it. But first you would have to cheack to see if DCS is even on the calc.

Yes, that sounds do-able.
I did not actually finish RunProg due to space constraints, but since I managed to free up another few hundred bytes, it will be part of 6.2.
So I have to wait for 6.2 to run DCS progs from noshell or MSD8X darn. Sad
Chin up, it won't be that long until 6.2! Smile
I've re-uploaded it again. The hook chaining problems should hopefully be fixed now. If not, I'm going to need details on how to duplicate the problem.

There's a lot of space left in this application (a little less than half), so suggestions on related things to put in it might be nice (if anyone's still interested). If Kerm implements runprog, I'll have it call his routine if you try running a DoorsCS program, and I've given some thought to integrating xLIB directly into it. I haven't looked into CrunchyOS yet.

EDIT: So I looked into CrunchyOS...the source as far as I know is not available, and disassembly shows that runprog isn't implemented. I really don't want to duplicate all the stuff he did, so I think that's pretty much out.
brandonw wrote:
I've re-uploaded it again. The hook chaining problems should hopefully be fixed now. If not, I'm going to need details on how to duplicate the problem.

There's a lot of space left in this application (a little less than half), so suggestions on related things to put in it might be nice (if anyone's still interested). If Kerm implements runprog, I'll have it call his routine if you try running a DoorsCS program, and I've given some thought to integrating xLIB directly into it. I haven't looked into CrunchyOS yet.

EDIT: So I looked into CrunchyOS...the source as far as I know is not available, and disassembly shows that runprog isn't implemented. I really don't want to duplicate all the stuff he did, so I think that's pretty much out.
Oh, yeah, I've looked into that. He definitely doesn't runProg, and the compression stuff is a mess.
brandonw wrote:

you could, just for the hell of it implement the TSE routines since this seems to be targeted at the same crowd of users.
elfprince13 wrote:

you could, just for the hell of it implement the TSE routines since this seems to be targeted at the same crowd of users.

I looked at TSE, and its implementation of multi-tasking is...odd, to say the least. I don't think I want to deal with it. Plus, I don't think anyone actually uses it, and there's nothing TSE-specific out there that I know of.
Urg...I'm still having problems...Hunters now doesn't have any speed problems, but the first time running it it has problems with the xLib tilemapping, the sprite function, and the run indicator turns on when I have it turned off through xLib. The secound time I run it it works perfect though. This may just xLib's fault though because it happens when I run Hunters in DCS too.
Falldown and Phantom Star are still messed up when I chain.
(When I tried all of this I only had noshell and xLib enabled (I disabled everything else that might cause problems, like omnicalc)
Where are Hunters, Falldown, and Phantom Star? Are those BASIC or assembly games? Where's the link to download them?

Sorry for being dumb, but I can't seem to find them.
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/268/26828.html is Phantom Star
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/316/31678.html is Fall Down
and Hunters is a basic game I've been working on that hasn't been uploaded anywhere yet, so it would be kind of hard to find. Rolling Eyes
I'll try uploading that in a few minutes if I have time....
EDIT: That Fall Down wasn't the one I was using, but it doesn't work when you chain either. Like the rest it does work withour chaining though.
I'm going to need more details about how Phantom Star and Falldown "don't work." Because I chained Noshell and xLIB and those both worked perfectly fine, no screen corruption, slowness, lag, or anything else. Which calculator and OS version do you have?
I have an 84 +SE, OS 2.41, with the newest xLib. When ever I chain and run falldown, everything is fine until I start a game, and then it looks like it randomly draws the floor tiles, for falldown, all over the screen. When I run Phantom Star, it just mess's up the graphic's completely and doesn't draw anything on the far left or bottom of the screen..
This only happens when I chain, any game I play when I don't chain works pefectly.
Also, is anyone besides me having these problems besides me? Or is it possible my calc just has problems... Confused
Edit: I'm going to go try this on my 83 +SE and go to bed.
EDIT#2: I had the same exact problems on my 83 +SE... I tried resending it and redownloading it, but it still has the same problems when I chain it. The newest version of noshell is V1.1 right? If not, that could be my problem...
I don't know what to say...first, it shouldn't be at all possible for hook chaining to screw up running of assembly programs, and second, I can't duplicate this problem (I got the xLIB from ticalc.org, installed it, then Noshell and chained it, then ran both of those games you linked to from the homescreen on an emulated 83+SE with 1.16 and a real 84+SE with 2.41) and nothing bad happened.

As far as Hunters, I can't know without actually seeing the program, but I would suspect that I'm using safe RAM that xLIB is using, and that's why it's wonky in DoorsCS as well. But who knows...I thought I accounted for that.
I abandon all safeRAM while programs are actually it running; Doors CS can only be having problems if xLib for some reason keeps its safeRAM even when functions aren't being called from it, which would be quite weird.
Well, I still haven't got it to work on my calc... I did manage to get fall down working on my emulator though, when I had chained noshell, so I really don't know what wrong with my calc... Friday night, when I'm back at my dad's, I'll use my web cam and and show you what's happening.
@Kerm In the readme with xLib, it does say something about using a saferam area that mirage does, and to not use mirage to run xLib games, because it will cause problems. So, maybe xLib does keep its safeRAM even when functions aren't being called from it, But I know nothing about that kinda stuff so I don't know.... Laughing
Yeah, it does use safe RAM between calls to it...remember, it thinks that only BASIC programs are calling it, and the BASIC functions aren't going to use some things, like appBackUpScreen, so it's safe for that use.
Brandonw: I tried chain noshell on orangepumkin's calc and chained it and I still have the same problems I had on mine. She has an 84 +SE with a OS 2.41. I tried running falldown, but I kept getting the same errors I had on mine....
Yep, I have the same issue as him, but I don't like xLib and don't have any xLib games so I don't care, I just uninstalled xLib. Smile
Edit: I have the same issue with omnicalc so now it is an issue for me so there must be somthing wrong with your hook chaining.
Edit2: I can't seem to repleacte this on an emu but both omnicalc and xLib have issues with no-shell.
This defies all logic...chaining can't screw up assembly programs. It just can't be. And the fact that I can't duplicate this problem is even more disturbing. Does it look like the screen corruption you get from those bad LCD drivers?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours