Many people have recently announced new sites, and I haven't seen any thread made by pugboy, so I've done it for him Smile :

Pug Programming!
A new MyBB forum dedicated to TI-calculators (what else?). There are currently 4 members, but we hope to have more. I'm not sure on Pugboy's position on accepting staff, but what's wrong with being a member? Smile
interesting, but I don't have time to commit to another community right now.
Why does everyone need their own forum? Even though it makes the masses more managable, it cuts down on unity, too. It's also infinitely annoying to have to check so many calc forums all the time.
haveacalc wrote:
Why does everyone need their own forum? Even though it makes the masses more managable, it cuts down on unity, too. It's also infinitely annoying to have to check so many calc forums all the time.

The same reason n00bs "make" their own IRC channel - they just want to be an admin/op and no one in their right mind would make them one.
I say whatever. Its not like people are going to hear about puprogramming before uti and cemetech. So why worry? It IS nice to have a pure forum and be calm for once in a while.
What is the link to your site spelled out (it gets proxified by the proxy and I don't want to go to it though the proxy).
I spend enough time on Cemetech, I *occasionally* look at the other forums, but not very often.
haveacalc wrote:

Unfortunately, he's right. And when everyone spreads out across all the forums, it makes getting help harder and slower.
I registered quite a while ago, but I still need to be activated, and I still haven't received an activation email, even after getting it resent multiple times to my correct email address....
This is why I like the idea of a more unified SAX; that way we don't have to all worry about our own separate sites, and we can all chat together regardless of which site we're visiting.
You mean like IRC?
If ALL the calc sites had RSS feeds it's be a bit easier, too Razz
No JavaScript or direct connection required. ^_^
haveacalc wrote:
You mean like IRC?
I have some interesting ideas that should make it superior to IRC. Smile
Do you care to elaborate?
haveacalc wrote:
Do you care to elaborate?
Not yet. I'd rather see if I'm physically capable of implementing them first.
bfr wrote:
I registered quite a while ago, but I still need to be activated, and I still haven't received an activation email, even after getting it resent multiple times to my correct email address....

That was a problem, I had pugboy activate me... Rolling Eyes
We'll see.

[ EDIT ]
Oh yeah! That's right! Pugboy made a forum so that unactivated members could post there for help. But I don't know enough about MyBB to know if that's possible...
Kerm, that sounds really cool. I hope you can get it to fly. If you need a site to test it on, I would be willing (though of course, some of it would have to be ported).
rivereye wrote:
Kerm, that sounds really cool. I hope you can get it to fly. If you need a site to test it on, I would be willing (though of course, some of it would have to be ported).
Definitely! In fact, could you hook me up with FTP info now?
That'd be kinda weird though; I mean I could be talking to calc84maniac about GSM at OTBP, but then stuff 'd be coming in about Kerm's new 6.1 Beta, and MorphTeque's new Mods!

I like the idea, but maybe a filter option? Confused
Why don't we call it the Cemetech Web Ring? Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours