This is some amazing physics simulation from Stanford University. Cloth physics, fire and smoke, water, deformable objects, you name it.

http://graphics.stanford.edu/%7Efedkiw/
They look cool, but when I tried to download one, it totally messed up my computer:

Click

O_o
Get it running in real time and I'll be impressed. Otherwise, whoopdedoo... I mean, come on, rigid body and semi-rigid materials, like cloth, are already simulated accurately and in real time. The smoke, fire, and water simulations were cool, but nothing that hasn't already been done - it is just slow. The high resolution faces were cool, but nvidia has a demo out of that running in real time on an 8800 ( http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_humanhead_home.html ).

EDIT: @bfr: They are just avi's dude, they can't be messing up your computer... It must be whatever program you are trying to open it with. Try "Media Player Classic" (despite the name it isn't from microsoft - google for it).
Kllrnohj: Ok, I'll try Media Player Classic - thanks for the suggestion. I think I was using RealPlayer to play the movie. Anyway, my computer seems to be working fine, now, but I got a message after rebooting saying that it has just recovered from something serious...hopefully it doesn't happen again.... I think I'm going to backup some important files first, and then try to view the movies again.... Razz Also, some settings for Firefox seem to be messed up.
Dude, uninstall RealPlayer... as in NOW. Get rid of that hunk of crap. It is the WORST media player ever (but Quicktime+iTunes is rapidly approaching it in terms of crapiness).
Kllrnohj wrote:
Dude, uninstall RealPlayer... as in NOW. Get rid of that hunk of crap. It is the WORST media player ever (but Quicktime+iTunes is rapidly approaching it in terms of crapiness).

I agree they both suck, but I have to ask what do you think do WMP 11?
I saw some of those in the post on Digg yesterday about the fluid simulation Smile

A lot of those are already well done, but others look interesting, especially the "Robust invertible quasistatic simulations for skinning" and "Automatic estimation of facial muscle activations from sparse motion capture marker data"
TheStorm wrote:
I agree they both suck, but I have to ask what do you think do WMP 11?

Yeah, I'm not going to answer that question until you can phrase it in a grammatically correct and logical manner. Until then, don't ever ask me a question again.
I agree with Kllr. I'll be boycotting your questions as well.
alex10819 wrote:
I agree with Kllr. I'll be boycotting your questions as well.
Thirded. If I have to think more than five seconds in order to figure out what you're trying to ask, I'm not going to bother. My time is more valuable than that.
Kerm should make a "Grammar Points" mod for the forums, where people lose credibility when they make grammatical errors... Razz (Kinda like Karma, but with Grammar instead of coolness)
As in, a moderator dedicated to "Grammar Points"?

Suffice to say, I'm confused again. Razz
Sting::Ray wrote:
As in, a moderator dedicated to "Grammar Points"?

Suffice to say, I'm confused again. Razz
mod = modification. SAX is a mod, the Calendar is a mod, etc. He's suggesting I modify phpBB for these "grammar points".

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours