So does this work now, because if it does I'd like a compiled copy. I can't tell from the old posts...
Currently there's nothing fully functional. It is in the works, however; perhaps something will be ready as early as today or tomorrow.
Sweet i'll be done so I can use it on my exams.... Smile
TheStorm wrote:
So does this work now because if it does li'd like a compiled copy. I can't tell form the old posts...

Thats OK, if your reading abilities are as horrible as your current typing, spelling, and grammatical abilities, I'm amazed you can even log in and find new posts...
That was neither helpful or constructive if you're not going to add helpful and relivant material to a thread please don't post anything.
@ Kerm is there anyway I can help get this done?

Edit: if you must say someting then tell me what I did wrong so I can fix it, and then say something pertaining to the topic instead of waisting a post to make comments that are not needed.
Actually, even after you edited out the obvious mistakes...
Ok, so I suck at grammar I get the point, now can we please stay on topic.
Kllrnohj wrote:

Thats OK, if your reading abilities are as horrible as your current typing, spelling, and grammatical abilities, I'm amazed you can even log in and find new posts...

That was rude and unnecessary. So far you've contributed nothing to this post. And neither am I by posting this, but oh well I guess.

You missed an apostrophe in "Thats", too. I could point out your little mistakes, too, but I think we all got the point across. Not being able to type perfectly has nothing to do with anything. Take a look at Jim, he had several mistakes as well, but you don't see me pointing them out, and we all know he's far from dumb.

So keep comments like this to yourself from now on, please.
Jim e wrote:

Quote:
Take a look at Jim, he had several mistakes as well, but you don't see me pointing them out, and we all know he's far from dumb.
Yes thanks for not singling me out and bringing light to my poor spelling.

My apologies, you seemed like the best example because your spelling in no way detracts from your programming abilities. elfprince13 didn't capitalize stuff, that's the only other thing I see in this thread. Now you both can be mad at me. Smile
brandonw wrote:
That was rude and unnecessary. So far you've contributed nothing to this post. And neither am I by posting this, but oh well I guess.

You missed an apostrophe in "Thats", too. I could point out your little mistakes, too, but I think we all got the point across. Not being able to type perfectly has nothing to do with anything. Take a look at Jim, he had several mistakes as well, but you don't see me pointing them out, and we all know he's far from dumb.

So keep comments like this to yourself from now on, please.

No, it was very necessary. No, I won't keep comments like that to myself. Oh, and there is a difference between small, few mistakes and the train wreck that was the post I was belittling, and I would greatly appreciate it if you could wrap your feeble little mind around the concept that there are "shades of gray", so to speak.

http://aetherealforge.com/aeforum/showthread.php?t=1842
Kllrnohj wrote:
http://aetherealforge.com/aeforum/showthread.php?t=1842

great website. ha ha.
So, the grammar wars have begun. I'm going to lose really bad. Oh god.
*whimper*
Quote:
Welcome to the Internet.

No one here likes you.

This may be true for you Kll and will stay true until you show some respect for people, you don't have to be a asshole just because other people are. You can be nice to people and whoa, they might be nice to you back.
TheStorm wrote:
This may be true for you Kll and will stay true until you show some respect for people, you don't have to be a <font color=red>censored</font> just because other people are. You can be nice to people and whoa, they might be nice to you back.

Did you perchance read the REST of that? Because its all about you, buddy...

Oh, and if you'll notice, there ARE people here who have my respect. As a hint, they are the ones who can take a joke, type with mostly correct grammar/spelling, and aren't idiots.
I agree with BrandonW in this situation, for you cannot hope to criticize small errors when you make them on a constant basis. I'm frequently accused of being a troll here, but I'm afraid you're much worse.

It's not our fault you're horribly insecure about yourself and must take out your repressed anger upon people you've never met on an internet forum. That's just pitiful.
Kllrnohj wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
This may be true for you Kll and will stay true until you show some respect for people, you don't have to be a <font color=red>censored</font> just because other people are. You can be nice to people and whoa, they might be nice to you back.

Did you perchance read the REST of that? Because its all about you, buddy...

Oh, and if you'll notice, there ARE people here who have my respect. As a hint, they are the ones who can take a joke, type with mostly correct grammar/spelling, and aren't idiots.

I read the entire thing and yes I can take a joke if you post one let me know because all you do is snap on people who make mistakes with no hint of sarcasm. I never said I was better than you or that I don't like you, I just said that you could be somewhat nicer for a change and maybe do something constructive with your time/posts. Call me an idiot if you want but that doesn't change my point.
TheStorm wrote:
I read the entire thing and yes I can take a joke if you post one let me know because all you do is snap on people who make mistakes with no hint of sarcasm. I never said I was better than you or that I don't like I just said that you could be somewhat nice for a change and maybe do something constructive with your time/posts. Call me an idiot if you want but that doesn't change my point.

I have a bunch of constructive posts here (My recent "history lesson" in the "Command to server?" thread comes to mind, as that was a response to one of your questions), and I make jokes quite often - they are often indicated by a smiley. And there is a difference between those who make mistakes (mistake implies that it is infrequent), and those that continually ignore the rules of grammar, don't even bother to use a spell checker, and don't proofread their posts (aka, those that I "snap on"). I never said that I am perfect (as brandonw so kindly pointed out), but I at least TRY to avoid major errors in my post - which is what my point is. To avoid my ridicule all you have to do is THINK and use some common sense, and proofread your posts (at the very minimum use a spell checker).

EDIT: Oh, and before you say that you are in a rush, don't have time, can't be bothered, etc... to proofread your posts and correct the major errors, then don't you dare claim to respect people and be nice to them - as your actions imply that you think you are better than others.
I don't know about anybody else, but I'd certainly appreciate it if everyone could at least try to follow standard spelling and grammar conventions, if only to improve readability.
If you don't want to take the time to put in some punctuation or check that you haven't forgotten any words, why should I take the time to decipher it?

Take that last post, for example: if I just take it and add some better punctuation and fix some omissions (in parentheses)..
Quote:

I read the entire thing, and yes, I can take a joke. If you post one, let me know, because all you do is snap on people who make mistakes with no hint of sarcasm. I never said I was better than you, or that I don't like (you), I just said that you could be somewhat nice(r) for a change, and maybe do something constructive with your time/posts. Call me an idiot if you want, but that doesn't change my point.

It's much easier to read, isn't it? I realize we can't all be perfect all the time, but please, people, make an effort.
If you're only sticking with this because you don't want to be wrong, give it up. It just won't work. Anybody remember netham45 (it's probably not the best comparison)?

Pre-post edit: you beat me to it, Kllr, but I think this supplements your statement nicely.
I think the following two bash quotes illustrate this quite nicely.

Quote:
<kasierlord55> hi guyz how r u all doin???
<Blarrrg> Dear kasiserlord55,
<Blarrrg> Please stop raping me.
<Blarrrg> Love,
<Blarrrg> The English Language.

Quote:
<Fashykekes> Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse.." and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse.."
Kllrnohj wrote:
EDIT: Oh, and before you say that you are in a rush, don't have time, can't be bothered, etc... to proofread your posts and correct the major errors, then don't you dare claim to respect people and be nice to them - as your actions imply that you think you are better than others.

I never said I was in a rush or that don't I try, I just happen to make mistakes more often than other people. And yes I will try harder but you can do things like what Tari did and show people what they did wrong or just make a note like "@Whoever: proofread your post please". Then add to the topic instead of making unneeded posts that just lengthen what future readers need to go through.
And if you do that I will go back and fix my errors and we can go on with life without threads like this.
You might fix the errors, you might not - the point is you will continue to make them (I can confidently say this as this is far from being the first thread regarding issues like this). Oh, and if Tari's method works so well, why did you ignore punctuation again? Should he show you once again what you did wrong so that you can hurry up and ignore him again?

Besides, I'm an advocate of the "learn things yourself" rather than spoon feeding you all your mistakes. Anyone with a 5th grade education can spot a majority of the mistakes made in these forums, and I'm not going to be bothered to correct them when I can just tell you that you made errors, and leave you to fix them on your own. Come on now, you're a big boy Razz.

And please read more carefully. I said before you say that you are in a rush, I never said that you had said that you were in a rush, nor was I accusing you of saying that you are in a rush, those are simply the most common "excuses" provided by others (see note above about this not being the first thread dealing with these problems).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours