Yeah, I use mine as a miniature computer more than anything... Laughing
One problem, memory areas will be a trouble for what you think...
Hardly. This could be done similarly to how I had outlined my USB8x SE; in the SE_BOOT portion, populate the VAT with the items (apps), and have them all (the data pointers) point to some code in a static area (any of the stacks, methinks). Then when it runs any of these, it calls our handler code (in the stack), which takes the name it was called with and finds and executes the correct app. In the portion of the SE which is called when DCS is exited, it simply scans the VAT for the items it created before, and deletes them.
I know what you are talking about but thats not the point, you will never be able to run generalized apps like blockdude or something else... As you will notice when i created macrodie i gave him the option for running multiple app's with dynamic mem area... That should be what you are now trying to implement...
rayden wrote:
I know what you are talking about but thats not the point, you will never be able to run generalized apps like blockdude or something else... As you will notice when i created macrodie i gave him the option for running multiple app's with dynamic mem area... That should be what you are now trying to implement...
...what the heck are you talking about? What do you mean by a "generalized" app? The most complicated part of app execution in the TI-OS is setting up the monitor; other than that, it's simply an issue of saving and swapping pages.
for example lets assume that you will never will run block dude because it's memory areas... trying to explain it means that i don't know but imagine that blockdude use appbackupscreen how the hell would you run an aplication with uses memory areas you don't know is by this that i'm talking about by a generalyzed app i meant all app's... really them all i hope not be to confusing...
Erm, when Doors CS is restarted, it can be made to assume none of its memory if safe, since it stores everything really important in an Appvar. No problems with memory usage conflicts.
oh you are using somethink like an putway... if it is that sorry by my misunderstooding...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours