This is a screenshot of an early alpha version of my minesweeper game. There's still a lot to do, such as actually creating a real board. Rolling Eyes
Please ignore [s]my dear Aunt Sally[/s] the random numbers/mines. Razz
Best viewed in FireFox.
Comment away!

Edit: Yes, this is in asm, not hybrid Basic.
cool looking. I will have to try once you get a stable version out.
I seem to have been attracted to grayscale ever since I learned asm. Smile
Unfortunately, the way I have it coded, it will only support 8x8 Sad
Looks quite nice. When I first saw the topic title and animated screenshot, I was afraid you were using that bane of TI-BASIC, xLib.
Kerm, what is your issue with xLib by chance?
rivereye wrote:
Kerm, what is your issue with xLib by chance?

That he didn't create it Razz
yeah, that has to be it, Kerm just didn't create it.
Either that, or I feel it's a corruption of pure BASIC and leads programmers to get lazy with making pwnsome graphics without ASM.
KermMartian wrote:
Either that, or I feel it's a corruption of pure BASIC and leads programmers to get lazy with making pwnsome graphics without ASM.

quoted for emphasis.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

quoted for emphasis.

quoted for dual-rebuttal. Thats like saying that DirectX/OpenGL "corrupts" game designers by allowing them to do crazy stuff like focusing more on game play and less on repetitive tasks like reinventing a sprite routine for the millionth+1 time. Or that pyGame allows people to be "lazy" by not coding their game in C/C++ but in the much simpler, faster to code Python while still allowing them C/C++ level of graphics. Rolling Eyes
true. xLib doesn't always make bad coders, just helps coders with graphics. Look at Metroid or XXR, both were made by Kevin_O(xlibman), the key is knowing when to use it and when not to.
New screeny!
Another new screeny! Very Happy
calc84maniac wrote:
Another new screeny! Very Happy

nice! how long until release? (and any chance of a dcs edition?)
I still have to code the hardest part, aka uncovering all the blank spaces at once... Sad
calc84maniac wrote:
I still have to code the hardest part, aka uncovering all the blank spaces at once... Sad

I think recursion will do you nicely. do a search for paint bucket algorithms.
Get it to clear the things like the maze program we made, check, move on ect.
Another screenshot! I added the autouncover!! Very Happy

EXCELLENT work.

I notice you have made the nostub version, please release versions for each shell so those of us who already have the ion libs on our calc dont get the extra bytes.
Actually that won't work because I use modded versions of the routines. I'll just use the "xor a" ion header so it can be run in shells as well. That's what I did with Grayscale Tunnel.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours