I'm trying to stay out of this, but I do have something to say.

Kerm: you didn't mean any offense in your suggestion, but some was taken. It seems to me that the best course of action is to say you didn't mean any offense (you have), then just try to drop the issue. However, I can agree with Fallen Ghost. Sometimes you do go too far promoting your projects, and I can understand where their indignation is coming from. As Fallen Ghost said, it is rather like you're trying to steal the credit for the project (you may not have been meaning to, but it does come off that way). You may continue stating that you were honestly being friendly, but I can guarantee that not everyone will believe you. I know that you don't have as much respect within the community as you probably deserve, but if you want to gain respect, you need to be sure what you're saying can't be misinterpreted as a flame.

That said, it does seem that some people over at Omnimaga did overreact a bit. I didn't read the entire topic, but it seems like you (Kerm) tried to smooth things over before it got too out of hand, but they seemed disinclined to believe that you honestly meant it as an act of good will.

If you didn't want to read all of that, in short, I'm saying some (maybe most) of the blame lies with some members of Omnimaga, but if you want to prevent such a thing in the future, it could help to plug your projects with a little less zeal (after all, good programs get good reputations primarily through being good), and possibly being sure you can't be seen as having a hostile stance (or be looking to steal credit). I can understand why you're upset, but you can't pretend that you are blameless in this incident.

As a closing note, all of the above was intended as a friendly suggestion, not hostile criticism. I mean no disrespect.
No disrespect taken. Clearly it was a bad idea to even bother with it in the first place; I should know that by now. Sad I think the best thing at this point would be for everyone (including myself) to just drop it. Eh?
The Tari wrote:
...it could help to plug your projects with a little less zeal (after all, good programs get good reputations primarily through being good),...

Before anybody at my school found out about DCS, you were either a CrunchyOS kid or a MOS kid. They both had their pluses and minuses, but it was a pretty even split. The reason both flourished at my shool was because neither crashed any calculators, both were able to play many games, but nobody ever came out and said "Mirage is the best" or something to that sort, they both were good thanks to their repuatations that people gave them. Then I showed up on the scene with DCS, and that is not something that I would like to go into at the moment...

NO DISRESPECT FOR ALL!
Angel: yeah, that's what I meant.

I agree, let's just try to drop the issue. It's basically resolved, no need to waste time on it.
Fallen Ghost wrote:
Yah, well, advertising, there's no much problem to it (can't say anything on that point)

Like I said before:

NexGenGS is Halifax's my baby. StarCalc is my baby. DCS is your baby. We don't touch yours so don't touch ours.

Even if it's for helping out, sometimes.

Nivea wrote:
If you mess with my girl,
I'm 'a be the one to break it to ya.
Got my n...s; got my girl,
So find your own and leave mine alone.
Don't mess with my girl;
I'm 'a be the one to break it to ya.
Here's a little advice for you:
Find your own girl...

Once again, 'nuff said.
Reiteration helps in my humble opinion. That way it gets through any and every skull that read this thread. Also, I was elaborating on it, showing an example. Another example is Insanity's post. Nuff said!
And just to be clear, I don't think anyone's shell got intentionally dissed anywhere, be in here or at Omni. Does everyone else see it that way?
Yes. You meant your initial comment in the friendliest way possible, and they took it wrong.

(That doesn't mean our earlier suggestions aren't still valid)
The Tari wrote:
Yes. You meant your initial comment in the friendliest way possible, and they took it wrong.

Definitely. Nor does it mean I'll stop making trailers and ads; that's who I am. I see that people are much more territorial than I realized about their own niches in the community, though, and I guess I'll have to respect that in the future.
I have only one thing to say here and it is also in my sig. I use whatever shell I feel like be it DCS, MOS, CrunchyOS, or even NexGenGS.(if it is ever finished) I will have them all on my calc and if you have an issue with this too bad.
KermMartian wrote:
I see that people are much more territorial than I realized about their own niches in the community, though

Well, it's all we got, so we try to keep it.

Anyway, anyone has another constructive thing to say?
TheStorm wrote:
I have only one thing to say here and it is also in my sig. I use whatever shell I feel like be it DCS, MOS, CrunchyOS, or even NexGenGS.(if it is ever finished) I will have them all on my calc and if you have an issue with this too bad.
Hehe, and you're most welcome to. I know that DCS for one is built to try to interfere with others as much as possible. Smile
I've never had an issue with any of them but ok.
TheStorm wrote:
I've never had an issue with any of them but ok.
'
Partial ditto.
And all the shells will go on my clac, too; what one fit on one will go on the emulator, where I can install gigabytes worth of shells.
KermMartian wrote:
The Tari wrote:

Definitely. Nor does it mean I'll stop making trailers and ads; that's who I am. I see that people are much more territorial than I realized about their own niches in the community, though, and I guess I'll have to respect that in the future.

Excellent, that's the point I was trying to get across.
Kerm, I was reading the topic that you posted in, and read that they are not including mirageos, and that it takes a lot of space. Are any of the routines that DCS rely on MOS routines? Also, about how much space do the MOS routines take up in DCS? (I'm thinking, if possible, if removing them got it to 1 page, you could make a DCS 6.0 Light for those with little memory)
Hmm yeah ok let me just clear stuff up on my side. I didn't consider it yelling what I did on IRC. I just saw us having a discussion. We cleared it up though so its cool. Secondly maybe Kevin's actions were uncalled for but really he is just trying to do the right thing by coming to the aid of his staff in a gray(not black and white) situation as I would think Kerm would do for you guys.

Yes I agree I was very angry after reading your post though Kerm. I posted something on Omnimaga about it. In about 10 seconds I figured that I didn't want to bring it to the public. So I sent you the post in a PM and removed it from the topic(figuring we could finish it in private), but I guess that did not happen. Oh well I think it should all just be done with.
[ot]Hey, didn't Netham get banned before?[/ot]
Most definitely.

@Harq: it ends up taking maybe 4K for the MOS stuff total.
[stillot]At least Omnimaga didn't delete all of YOUR posts... Razz[/stillot]

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours