Didn't we settle it over SAX that the hotkey should be customizable? Everybody wins then. Razz
is pure customizable possible? Is making it so that at any point person can change the hotkey from [Y=]+[ON] to [Window]+[8]? would it be like that our a choice from pre-designated ones?
I don't know if it's possible, but I think it would work something like this:
1)You click on the "Change Hotkey" setting.
2)You are then prompted to press the first key
3)You are then prompted to press the 2nd key
4)It shows you the combination in a window and you either click Yes, No, or Cancel. Yes confirms it, No takes you back to step 2, and Cancel exits without changing.

That's my idea, anyway. What do you think?
so it would be [(your choice thingy0] + [2nd] ? or would the 2nd thing be pre-chosen, like [ON] or something?
calc84maniac wrote:
The OS doesn't return multiple keys though...

Well, now that I think about it, the hook could use direct input for the second key.
Kllrnohj wrote:

Thank you for a COMPLETELY WORTHLESS POST. I just read the exact same "paragraph" twice for absolutely NO REASON. Please, PLEASE, stop this completely moronic "I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new" bullshit. It adds absolutely nothing, serves no purpose whatsoever, and is just plain ANNOYING.

it emphasized the fact that his suggestion was a good one Wink
Angel14995 wrote:
so it would be [(your choice thingy0] + [2<sup>nd</sup>] ? or would the 2<sup>nd</sup> thing be pre-chosen, like [ON] or something?

I think that both keys should be custom choice. If not, then perhaps [on] would be defaulted as the first key and users would then choose the second one.
Kllrnohj wrote:
@Calc, this goes for you to...
There are two calcs here (maniac and I). Of which do you speak?
KeithJohansen wrote:
I think that both keys should be custom choice. If not, then perhaps [on] would be defaulted as the first key and users would then choose the second one.

yeah, that was what I was thinking.... Maybe something more obscure could be the permant one, like Y= and ENTER?
Why not just pressing ON twice?? That would simplify things, would it not?

Also, Angel, your sig annoys me by the most obvious grammtical error... "I your reject reality..."??
tifreak8x wrote:

^^;;
Why didn't I think of that.... Good idea tifreak.
I actually like that Idea.. ON+On would be extremely unique... until someone accidently is already in DCS, has it turned off, and hits on 3 times to turn it on...

And what about this phrase:
"ALL YOUR BASE BELONG ARE TO US"
I like my screwups, they make people go insane (then again, insanity is normal for me... MUAHAHA! SPUD-COOKIE GTAMLs PWN YOU SUCKERS!)

Ok, I'll change it. Smile
elfprince13 wrote:
it emphasized the fact that his suggestion was a good one Wink

I don't care what you were trying to do - I'm just telling you that you are consistently failing at it, and you should therefore stop attempting with the "just quote someone else's post".

Re Hotkeys: There is no reason it can't be fully-customizable, but at some point you have to ask yourself WHY? Just make it [on]+<something> - [ON] because it is the only key that serves no other purpose, and it therefore can't be mistakenly used by something else (aka, any other key could trigger some form of input or such).

<off topic note>First post from my new laptop - and I love it! Smile </off topic note>
It's gonna be [ON][PRGM] for the reasons discussed in the chat, and there's nothing you can do about it. Very Happy
*bump*

1) Renaming of folders and hidden programs
2) "That ResetAppPage bug" (Completed 5/30/07) This turned out to be way more complex than I originally suspected. The final culprit turned out to be GUISRemoveMouseEntries in guimouse.asm. I fixed in by making the internal "custom cursor" identifier $1a to distinguish from the user "custom cursor" identifier of $18.
3) Subprogram not rearchived for elfprince?
4) Draggable scrollbars/windows/programs?
5) RunProg entrypoint for aDrive!
6) Rearchive of archived AP files when a new file is opened via FOpen
7) Recognize MOS BASIC descriptions
8) Recognize icons in this "hybrid" header format (Completed 5/30/07) Piece of cake.
9) Hide DCS internal program copies from FileOpen and FileSaveAs

Anyway, I implemented the "hybrid" header suggested at UTI. It allows an optional description and a 16x16 icon. It does not allow 8x8 icons or associated subprograms. The format:

Code:
::"DESCRIPTION
::"64CHARICON...

or

Code:
::
::"64CHARICON...

Edit: DCS Wiki updated with the new headers: http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=BASIC_Header
will it also recognize the normal MOS header as having a description?

also, is there any chance the AP system will supporting overwriting old files? (but not overwriting non-AP files)
tifreak8x wrote:

Also, Angel, your sig annoys me by the most obvious grammtical error... "I your reject reality..."??

I agree with ON twice, and about Angel's signature, that's because he's got the quote wrong. Rolling Eyes
I don't know if he could make a hook for a repeated keystroke. That, and think of what would happen if you press it twice on accident. I think On+Something would be the best.
I can't keyhook [ON]. I can keyhook [PRGM] and check if the OnInterrupt flag is set when a [PRGM] key is set. Here's why I/we decided on [ON][PRGM]: Normally, when you press prgm, you get a list of programs. For all keys, [2nd] and [ALPHA] access extra functions. Thus, we can think of [ON] as a modifier key too, so [ON][PRGM] accesses an advanced program list: Doors CS.

And yes, it now recognizes MOS-style BASIC header descriptions. I just forgot to cross that off the list.
ON-Prgm is good too! Just like ON-Apps, and easier to remember! Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 16
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours