I know this is really newbish but...

How do you move a program from the calc to the computer? I just made a new program and I don't want to make a complete backup.
Google TI-Connect and get the necicary cable.
Super Speler wrote:
Google TI-Connect and get the necicary cable.

I have the cable and TI Connect, I just can't move individual programs from my calculator to my computer.
Open up TI Device Explorer, and then drag-and-drop.
Harrierfalcon wrote:
Open up TI Device Explorer, and then drag-and-drop.

It keeps on saying "The name for the current variable is missing"
Highlight the program you want to copy/move to the computer and then go to file and select either copy to computer or move to computer. I don't know if Move takes it off your calc, I always copy.

And that's not really a noobish question in my regards. I almost always forget so i have to hunt around for about 5 min to make sure I am getting it copied right.. or at all.

And we all have to learn how to move it to the computer at one point or another using one system or another, so its not really noobis, its something that must be learned for a programmer that uploads to be successful. Or even have backups.
Angel14995 wrote:
Highlight the program you want to copy/move to the computer and then go to file and select either copy to computer or move to computer. I don't know if Move takes it off your calc, I always copy.

And that's not really a noobish question in my regards. I almost always forget so i have to hunt around for about 5 min to make sure I am getting it copied right.. or at all.

And we all have to learn how to move it to the computer at one point or another using one system or another, so its not really noobis, its something that must be learned for a programmer that uploads to be successful. Or even have backups.

It didn't work, it said the same thing

Gallery (might not be public yet)
Picture 1
Picture 2
Make sure you have 1.6 of TI-Connect, highlight the desired programs (click, then shift-click), then click "File" in the top tool bar, and then click Copy to PC.

It will ask you where you want to download the files, and then you should be set. Smile
It sounds to me like the file header is corrupted based on that first error message...
KermMartian wrote:
It sounds to me like the file header is corrupted based on that first error message...

How could I fix it then?

EDIT: I do have TI Connect 1.6
Try a different file, such as Doors CS 6. If it transfers correctly, the problem is the file you were trying to send. If not, it's the software itself.
Haha, great example. Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours