How do you change the icons for an ASM program when it is on your calc? Please don't shoot me if I am stupid or have missed something obvious.

Also, what are all the shortcut keys, I haven't found any yet.
There's data at the very beginning of the program for the icon(s), I believe. If you've ever heard of CalcSys, I think that would work.
Ok, I have CalcSys, I didn't think of that.
The shortcut keys are many and varied:

[2nd] = [TRACE] = left-click
[ALPHA] = [GRAPH] = right-click
[CLEAR] = quit to homescreen
[+] [-] = scroll down/up

If you have TabFunctions installed, you can also use [Y=] and [WINDOW].
Hey is their a way to do this without knowing asm? Like step by step instructions?
Yes, there is, no ASM knowledge is necessary. I'll write it up (unless someone else wants to do it first).
Thanks. Icons for mario and piano 83 and many more, sweet! Very Happy
TheStorm wrote:
Thanks. Icons for mario and piano 83 and many more, sweet! Very Happy
Ah, let me revise that. You can change icons of programs that already have icons oncalc. You cannot, however, ADD icons without taking a program with released source and modifying the source, then recompiling.
Ohh! Thats what I wanted to do ok thanks anyway.
But the instructions would still be nice so I can fix the Phoenix RS (Starwars version) icon.
Fix? Whats wrong with it?
He forgot to change two pxls when he changed the ship design sot the tips of the old ships guns are still there.
I haven't used CalcSys in a while and I can't remember exactly how to locate the program. I put it in RAM, found it's loctaion in the VAT and I find its title and then I can't remember exactly what data leads me to its real location.
From the VAT viewer, you can just press ALPHA-H, and it should open the hex viewer to the beginning of the program data.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours