Help. I have no access to a rom image from a real calc (don't ask) and was wonder ing if their was a way to use the rom image from flash debugger with VTI. VTI says theirs an error when i try to do it but i heard somewhere it was possible. so please tell me if you know how.
Yeah, I think think you can open it with Notepad or something else and take out a specific chunk of it. The part to take out is the huge block of "y"'s, if I remember correctly. If you can't get that to work, TILem can open the .clc thing how it is if you change the file extension...
Thanks I will try that. And the reason i want VTI is because there is a Pocketpc version.
Edit: Notepad won't open it.
I'm pretty sure you can change the extension from .clc to .rom and it will work. Or maybe that was pti only, I'm not sure.
calc84maniac wrote:
I'm pretty sure you can change the extension from .clc to .rom and it will work. Or maybe that was pti only, I'm not sure.

How do you change file extension again?
TheStorm wrote:

I can't believe you just asked that... right click->rename - ring any bells? Rolling Eyes
Kllrnohj wrote:
TheStorm wrote:

I can't believe you just asked that... right click->rename - ring any bells? Rolling Eyes
Yeah, I second that. And you can open *anything* in Notepad - juts rightclick and choose Open With, then Notepad. You can also do notepad, file-->open, All files (*.*) and select it.
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
TheStorm wrote:

Yeah, I second that. And you can open *anything* in Notepad - juts rightclick and choose Open With, then Notepad. You can also do notepad, file-->open, All files (*.*) and select it.

1. iI just canges the name not the extension (windows) ex. 83pse1.clc--->83pse1.rom.clc
2. Notepad froze when i tried to open it
I think...if you want to rename it you could also open it with notepad (this should work, and should not freeze unless you have a TERRIBLE PC.) and go to File->Save As->Save Type As->All Files->type in the name.rom. And there you have it....
TheStorm wrote:

No, it didn't. It's loading (which takes time). Microsoft just isn't used to having to destinguish between the two.
TheStorm wrote:
1. iI just canges the name not the extension (windows) ex. 83pse1.clc--->83pse1.rom.clc

You have file-extensions "hidden" then. Control Panel->Folder Options->View->UNCHECK "Hide extensions for known file types"

Quote:

Your computer is just slow and its loading it. Try using WordPad instead (it doesn't appear to load the entire file at once, and as such opens faster)
or else, you could try other programs out there also, for example, notepad++
Thanks for the help you guys wordpad worked but the changed file extension didn't work so I'm going to try deleting the y whatever and see if that works.
Edit: No that didn't work but thanks has anyone actually done this successfully? Because then I should talk to them instead of everyone guessing.
Virtual TI is outdated. Use TilEm instead, which requires nothing but a change of file extension.
Is their a version of that for pocket pcs? thats the only reason I was asking, I can still use flash debugger on my Computer.
Just chop off the excess part of of it so that its size is exactly 512kb.
Use XVI Hex Editor (google for it) and cut off everything past the first 512KB, as was suggested. Then save it as a .rom file.

VTI doesn't support anything over OS 1.12, just so you know.
You should have told me this in the first place because I was hoping to also use it with my 84+se once I'm not grounded from it. Razz
Nope, sorry, there's no way that's going to work. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
Nope, sorry, there's no way that's going to work. Razz

Oh thanks Sad Just Joking So what emulator do you guys suggest? Question

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours