I would just like to know (yes looking on google....) the starters to making a phpBB template (yes Kerm like the one on Cemetech Very Happy).

I have been working on my website and thought it would be a good idea.
Well, you start off being REALLY good at PHP and CSS...
I am reading a tutorial about creating templates and it says you really do not need to know much PHP (I am making a template for phpBB not plain PHP) and I know CSS pretty well. (Good enough to make a basic web page.)
phpBB is a CMS/Forum system coded in PHP. PHP is a language. Get your info straightened out before asking questions, as otherwise you will get wrong answers Rolling Eyes
Kllrnohj wrote:
phpBB is a CMS/Forum system coded in PHP. PHP is a language. Get your info straightened out before asking questions, as otherwise you will get wrong answers Rolling Eyes

I just noticed I had put PHP instead of phpBB on my original post, thanks Kllrnohj. Very Happy Now hopefully I will get right answers. Sorry Alex10819.
Well, shouldn't there be a howto on phpbb.com? Seems like they document most everything... if not, just look at the code from an old template... subsilver is good Razz
That is actually what the tutorial I am looking at is going to do, but I have to copy a bunch of files to my PC. This is taking a while...

and alex10819 look at http://morphteque.alex10819.net/bindex.php and tell me what you think. Very Happy
Better. Still looks like a chihuahua in heat though...
lol what exactly does a chihuahua in heat supposed to mean? I really don't get it, if you have any ideas please add them here. Very Happy
Well, heeh. you just think about it. Or google image search it Razz
I looked it up and HOLY FRIJOLES! Does it really look that bad?!? Very Happy
I just wanted tos ee if you would google it lmao

Actually, it looks more like Indian elephant beastiality
Oh come on don't do this. Very Happy Seriously what do you think?
A/S/L???
O.K. I know what a/s/l is come on seriosly...
hmm. Well, It's roughly as beautiful as a shar-pei.
I give up....I know my web page does not look like a Chinese dog.
'twas a metaphor...
someone's havin' fun. Laughing
I like the colours, but the why the posts on the bindex.php is rather confusing. I thought I was looking at a message bourd index. Place the Title ontop of the Body and the date underneath, sure its a common format, but its clear. Or have both Title & Date/Time above the body.

Good Luck Smile
I think I know what you mean some18kanal0n3, I will try to do that.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours