KermMartian wrote:
It's only like 5K posts, and what's non-legit about that? I alxso inflated Ult Dev'r, elfprince, rivereye, tifreak8x, and anyone else who had accounts on the old forum. Razz

Did you offset the joined date to account for that? If not, your posts per day is a LIE! LIE! LIE I SAY, LIE!

Regardless, if we do count your posts per day you are just a spammer. Less than 25 words per post? Please, that is just weak.
Kllrnohj wrote:
EDIT: Elf, man, how are you lagging so far behind? I've even tried to help you but getting into not one, but TWO massive "debates" with you. For at least 2 weeks there we were each easily pulling 100+ word posts, 3 or 4 posts a day.

I think its from my occasional periods with moar lurkage. I haven't quite hit Ult Dev'rs post count (or posts/day), but my word count is more than twice his. Clearly you're just an anomaly and Kerm is Kerm.
elfprince13 wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
EDIT: Elf, man, how are you lagging so far behind? I've even tried to help you but getting into not one, but TWO massive "debates" with you. For at least 2 weeks there we were each easily pulling 100+ word posts, 3 or 4 posts a day.

I think its from my occasional periods with moar lurkage. I haven't quite hit Ult Dev'rs post count (or posts/day), but my word count is more than twice his. Clearly you're just an anomaly and Kerm is Kerm.
Kerm is undoubtedly Kerm. I used to try to respond to almost every post even if I didn't have too much constructive to say, but I've been getting a lot better about that lately in my opinion.
elfprince13 wrote:
Clearly you're just an anomaly

An *AWESOME* anomaly Wink
Kllrnohj wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Clearly you're just an anomaly

An *AWESOME* anomaly Wink
By 'anomaly' I think he meant 'verbose and irate person', so AWESOME or not, you're still very verbose and very irate. Very Happy
I mostly meant the verbose part Razz

[edit]
bahaha, my average posts per day went up by 0.02 today.
KermMartian wrote:
By 'anomaly' I think he meant 'verbose and irate person', so AWESOME or not, you're still very verbose and very irate. Very Happy

I would hardly call 50 words "verbose". I mean seriously, 50 words is barely even a paragraph :/

I mean, this post is 39 words long for crying out loud, and its longer than elf's average (assuming letters don't count as words, anyway).
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I would hardly call 50 words "verbose". I mean seriously, 50 words is barely even a paragraph :/

I mean, this post is 39 words long for crying out loud, and its longer than elf's average (assuming letters don't count as words, anyway).
Yeah, but more often than not you simply pad your posts with extra stuff, it seems to me. Very Happy For example, this is a 75-word post, and I could have said just as much with the sentence "You pad your posts, and the extra padding I omitted here saved 61 words.", which would have been 14 words, or much, much less, at least enough to account for the difference between your average and mine. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, but more often than not you simply pad your posts with extra stuff, it seems to me. Very Happy For example, this is a 75-word post, and I could have said just as much with the sentence "You pad your posts, and the extra padding I omitted here saved 61 words.", which would have been 14 words, or much, much less, at least enough to account for the difference between your average and mine. Smile

Perhaps, but I certainly don't copy/paste my posts together Razz Then again, elf seems to love just posting I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new, which is way more annoying than being verbose Wink
Kllrnohj wrote:
Perhaps, but I certainly don't copy/paste my posts together Razz Then again, elf seems to love just posting I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new, which is way more annoying than being verbose Wink

Find my last post with a "I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new." It happens at most once every couple weeks Wink
Here's the latest stats! As you can see, a slow and gradual upward climb, but nothing like what it was several years ago. Nevertheless, over the past few weeks we've had a substantial amount of activity, and indeed Wednesday was a 100+-post day.

Your welcome.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Your welcome.
Don't you have a puppet account that would be quite unhappy at your use of "your" when you meant "you're"?
KermMartian wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Your welcome.
Don't you have a puppet account that would be quite unhappy at your use of "your" when you meant "you're"?

*Somebody* won't let him come out and play...
Recent uptick in posts and everything. Huzzah.

This is nice. Also the overall activity seems to slowly increase since 2009 started.

Btw, I did a hit-n-miss style scanning of most TI forums earlier this year and every few weeks afterward to calculate the yearly post count of most forums. Sadly, my method involves substracting the post ID of the first post of the year, which means it also includes deleted posts, so it is not 100% accurate. Also, 2007 Cemetech stats are very innacurate because of the Jatol incident.

Cemetech is heading towards 9000 so far in 2010 (and a big increase from the total 12500-ish in 2009), Omni 23500, UTI 2300-ish and TIBD close to 1000. Providing UTI and the smaller forums pick up again, I wonder if in 2010 the community activity will top 2007? It seems like calculators are doing some sort of comeback since the key factoring news, even more since the TI-Nspire cracking.
Definitely agreed, DJ, and it seems like a lot of people who had started to drift away from the community (myself included) are now picking up their old projects and getting them going again. I definitely hope the trends continue on all counts!
True I noticed that on various sites (even MaxCoderz). It's amazing to see former TI programmers return.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
It seems like calculators are doing some sort of comeback since the key factoring news, even more since the TI-Nspire cracking.

TI's long overdue updates (TI Connect support for 64 bit and Vista and Win7) probably have something to do with it too.
ti84p wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
It seems like calculators are doing some sort of comeback since the key factoring news, even more since the TI-Nspire cracking.

TI's long overdue updates (TI Connect support for 64 bit and Vista and Win7) probably have something to do with it too.
Definitely, not to mention the horrendous (if slightly novel) 2.53MP, 2.54MP.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours