Woo!

*pokes the PIC16F877As laying on his desk*
The Tari wrote:
Woo!

*pokes the PIC16F877As laying on his desk*

*glances at the two PICs lying in a Tupperware in his closet*

Sure, why not Evil or Very Mad
maybe one of you hardware nerds should build one of these: http://chrisfenton.com/non-von-1/
Here's another FPGA-based project: http://www.sump.org/projects/analyzer/ This thing has been extremely helpful over the years.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Eeems wrote:
Sweet, i entered the cemetech community with a bang. by the way what happened that made the post count drop so far?
Just an overall lack of activity within the TI community, which is a mainstay of Cemetech's membership. The lack of activity (overall, anyway, regardless of ticalc.org's recent slight upsurge) is why we need to remember to continue to consider ways in which we can branch out.

I propose a microcontroller subforum; there are way too many software guys here.
True, but many of us software guys are actually true hardware guys at heart, which is why we'd touch anything as occasionally-depressing as z80 ASM in the first place. What about microcontrollers do you propose? Or just general techniques, info, and applications?
Yes, just general stuff to begin with; what they are, the different platforms, their applications, etc. Then maybe evolve that into possible project subforums if anyone decides to get serious with them.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Yes, just general stuff to begin with; what they are, the different platforms, their applications, etc. Then maybe evolve that into possible project subforums if anyone decides to get serious with them.
That sounds cool. Do you have any specific projects already underway or in the planning stages that you could post about to get the ball rolling on this topic?
Lately I've been revisiting my project for the Parallax SX Design Contest (back in '06) that I never finished and I've also been working on a controller for my AC/heater in my apartment (the little knobs don't do **** anymore).

But to begin with we could probably begin with something really simple, like building projects that people have already designed like raphnet (http://www.raphnet.net/index_en.php), to get a feel for how to actually build a circuit, etc., and then move on to actually designing something similar yourself (i.e. learn the syntax of the language, pinouts of chips, how to read/write ports, etc.) and as an example build a circuit that will read in the button presses of a game controller and output them to a set of LEDs controlled by a microcontroller.
So it looks like the new electronics subforum combined with the return of Ult Dev'r is giving us a sharp uptick in posts per day!

Surprise surprise I'm a prolific poster Very Happy
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Not only that, you're also a good catalyst to make other people start posting because you post about things that interest a lot of people.
Could you maybe make that datestamp into some human readable sort of date indicator? Wink
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

you're still ahead of me, and I had what? 2 years to catch up?
jbr wrote:
Could you maybe make that datestamp into some human readable sort of date indicator? Wink
If you can't read Unix time stamps in your head then you are slacking off. Smile

@elf: True, but you have been retired for the majority of that time.
KermMartian wrote:
jbr wrote:
If you can't read Unix time stamps in your head then you are slacking off. Smile

@elf: True, but you have been retired for the majority of that time.

My posts per day on Cemetech over the last 2 years is still about 2 times higher than any other TI site
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Ultimate Dev'r Profile wrote:
3.52 posts per day
15.18 average words per post

Kllrnohj Profile wrote:
4.36 posts per day
55.7 average words per post

*cough cough, owned, cough cough*

And Kerm, we all know your post count is a lie, so don't even try to brag about it Razz

EDIT: Elf, man, how are you lagging so far behind? I've even tried to help you but getting into not one, but TWO massive "debates" with you. For at least 2 weeks there we were each easily pulling 100+ word posts, 3 or 4 posts a day.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Ultimate Dev'r Profile wrote:
3.52 posts per day
15.18 average words per post

Kllrnohj Profile wrote:
4.36 posts per day
55.7 average words per post

*cough cough, owned, cough cough*

You're just inefficient Wink
@Kllrnohj: My postcount is a lie? How can my postcount possible be a lie? You're just jealous that I have so much free time on my hand that I can post 17.43 posts per day. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
@Kllrnohj: My postcount is a lie? How can my postcount possible be a lie? You're just jealous that I have so much free time on my hand that I can post 17.43 posts per day. Smile

Because you inflated your post count to account for posts in previous forums. You've already admitted to it, don't try to cover it up now Razz
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Because you inflated your post count to account for posts in previous forums. You've already admitted to it, don't try to cover it up now Razz
It's only like 5K posts, and what's non-legit about that? I alxso inflated Ult Dev'r, elfprince, rivereye, tifreak8x, and anyone else who had accounts on the old forum. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours