Err, I is are el espanol retardo. LoL. @Elf, How would iPaint export grayscale images to TI-OS pics? I didnt know they could be grayscale Neutral
er...mis apologias, yo no hablo espanol tambien. (Poorly translated by BabelFish)

My only question is this:

DCS suffered some error and displayed a black screen with an exclamation point saying "[enter] to continue or [clear] to crash". Now, it's not suprising that this would happen considering DCS *has* an error trapping routine.

My question is why would anyone want to purposely crash their calc?
lol this is actually kind of funny in a sense. I have seen the screen (as we all have probably) with the triangle and the exclamation mark saying press [enter] to continue...but I have never seen the press [clear] to crash. This is wierd. Maybe its a very wacked out error. Very Happy

Sorry for not being much help. Sad
Since it's popped up 2-3 times like that, it probably isn't an error. Ah well, it is kind of funny. Laughing Why is it a black screen though? Honestly, I think that's kind of illegible.
Idea on background: Copy Pic n to background should be built into DCS.
Insanity wrote:
Idea on background: Copy Pic n to background should be built into DCS.

I like this idea....and I do not think it would be too hard to have screen savers for DCS 6. If you wanted to make your screen saver a BASIC program, you could just have the header say something after the SS implying it is a scree saver program so DCS will ignore it and won't put an icon for it.
@Insanity
I can almost hear Kerm now, "Maybe if/when DCS7 comes, but for now stop being picky"

Actually, I dislike the whole background thing because it would make seeing the icons a lot harder. IMHO anyways.

@Mexi1010
Um...elaborate please, because DCS DOES ignore programs if you put Rand as the first line of code (I think)
Maybe he should mask the icon and the name so that they show up clearly on any background.
maybe we should start up a DCS7 forum just for bugging Kerm Very Happy . Besides, shouldn't we be bug reporting and current feature reporting, not giving suggestions for a new DCS version?
Precisely. With all the stuff we're suggesting, DCS7 could end up being 3 flash pages lol.
DCS needs compression... it could decompress itself when it runs so that it's always only one app page and not two.
It would still take up two while running which kinda defeats the purpose...

Plus it's impossible to write to flash like that.
***Attention Unsatisfied People***
Don't post suggestions here! Post them in the (soon to be created sometime) DCS7 forum

Anyways...Did Kerm fix the checkbox issue or did he just ignore it? I forget.
About the copying SE's from flash: Why can't you allow archived SE's for at least the boot/unload ones? Those are not executed repeatedly.
Or copy the archived ones to RAM until DCS exits.
...and delete the copied ones when you run a prog to save memory.
KeithJohansen wrote:
***Attention Unsatisfied People***
Don't post suggestions here! Post them in the (soon to be created sometime) DCS7 forum

Since when are you giving orders? And why would there be a DCS7 forum? THIS is the DCS forum - there isn't one for 6, just like there isn't one for 5, so why would there be one for 7? Rolling Eyes

Re mexi's screen savers: Kerm has already said (and I agree) that screen savers for a calculator are a stupid idea. Reason being is that all it will do is drain the battery when it could just power down and save battery. It may be more 'visually appealing' than a blank screen, but aside from that its utterly worthless.
Backgrounds: Insanity, use CopyBG for now.
Screensavers: rand is the ignore token; I'm not supporting screensavers for precisely the reasons Kllrnohj mentioned
Alex: It's 300 bytes from becoming a 3-page app. Razz
Keith: perhaps you should try replicating that "crash" screen and exploring it more...
Pseudo: Rolling Eyes it doesn't export all pictures to the same format.....only b&w images will get exported to DCS backgrounds or pics :p
Would it be possible to compile it as a program instead of an app? No access to a computer where I can send an app on, but I do have access to a memory stick/MSD8x at school and stuff.

Edit: Just saw "Alex: It's 300 bytes from becoming a 3-page app."... That wouldn't fit in RAM then...

/me mutters as he walks off...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours