Ok, if you know what the Day of Silence is, then yay! If not...

The Day of Silence is a day where GLBT(Gay,Lesbian,Bisexual,Transexual) people or supporters don't talk for a day to show the lack of voice the GLBT community has. The goal is to not talk for nine consectutive waking hours.

You can find more information at http://www.dayofsilence.org/ .

It is on Wednesday, April 18 2007 this year.
Haha, this topic gives a gay pride bracelet banner at the bottom.
XD It does...
Seems a tad counter-intuitive. LGBT: "Hey, since people won't listen to us, lets just not talk in protest!" People: "Sweet - now we don't have to ignore their constant babble." Rolling Eyes
I agree there, as it is a crazy way to get attention (I think they want more of the media before/after/during the day instead of the day itself).

In my opinion, this type of think is wrong, but like I said, my opinion.

Loud, Straight, Proud.
I'm all for non-violent direct action, but that is just stupid. Does that have a purpose? You can't do stuff like that without a specific goal. If you feel you are having a specific right denied, try to fix it. Day of Silence is far too general to actually help anyone.
foamy3 wrote:
I'm all for non-violent direct action, but that is just stupid. Does that have a purpose? You can't do stuff like that without a specific goal. If you feel you are having a specific right denied, try to fix it. Day of Silence is far too general to actually help anyone.

Lets tell em to just shut up then - oh wait Very Happy
foamy3 wrote:

Exactly my thoughts, if they want to protest something more specific go ahead but this is way to general.
rivereye wrote:
Loud, Straight, Proud.

Why do you feel the need to say this?
Netham wrote:
Ok, if you know what the Day of Silence is, then yay! If not...

The Day of Silence is a day where GLBT(Gay,Lesbian,Bisexual,Transexual) people or supporters don't talk for a day to show the lack of voice the GLBT community has. The goal is to not talk for nine consectutive waking hours.

You can find more information at http://www.dayofsilence.org/ .

It is on Wednesday, April 18 2007 this year.

Okay,

1. I always thought Gay and Lesbian were the same bloody thing =X
  2. This answers why a few of my friends don't talk once outa the school year.
  3. I wanna join cause I think its cool, but I'm not any of those four (Gay, Lesbian, Bi, or Transexual).
  4. I've heard of this day, but I thought it was a random thing, like 'So-n-So is having a Day of Silence.'

I think I'll take silence tomorrow just for fun and stir things up ^_^

Haha... Rolling Eyes Wink Cool Laughing
Btw, how did the trannies get in on this? They're kind of different from the other three. I guess most of them fall into one of the other 3 categories, though...
Hmm... at least people here haven't taken this topic to the levels of debate - Omnimaga -and flame-fighting - UnitedTI - yet...
some18kanal0n3 wrote:

1. I always thought Gay and Lesbian were the same bloody thing =X
  2. This answers why a few of my friends don't talk once outa the school year.
  3. I wanna join cause I think its cool, but I'm not any of those four (Gay, Lesbian, Bi, or Transexual).
  4. I've heard of this day, but I thought it was a random thing, like 'So-n-So is having a Day of Silence.'

I think I'll take silence tomorrow just for fun and stir things up ^_^

Haha... Rolling Eyes Wink Cool 0x5
  1. Afaik, gay refers to men and lesbian refers to women.
  2. Not necessarily - they could just be goth or emo. Laughing
  3. .....?
  4. Profit!
@some: Uh... why do you want to join if you aren't gay, lesbian, bi, or transexual????

Its a shame I don't work tonight - my boss is gay, which would probably make this the easiest night to work ever. "What's that? Sorry, I can't understand your frantic hand waving..." Very Happy
yeah, that could be funny.
@kerm & kllr: I have friends that are Bi, Gay/Lesbian - a tad young to know any transexuals - and by doing this I show my support for them.

I made a picture in photoshop but the internet was being slow so my browser kept timeing-out on a 372kB picture. It sped up later that night, but I was to lazy to upload and post. Look for my post in PhotoShop/GIMP thread later today when I upload it. Smile

@kerm: Why profit on #4?
The "3... 4. Profit!" is a common internet meme.
Hmm, okay then, first I've seen/known of it...

I'll look it up then... Confused
It's actually originally from an episode of Southpark.
Step 1: Collect underpants
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit!
allynfolksjr wrote:
It's actually originally from an episode of Southpark.
Step 1: Collect underpants
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit!
Hmm, never knew that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours