Eh, I just decided to make a game, name of the game is: How many total visitors will we get on DCS6 release!
Its like the jellybean in a jar game.. but with visitors. If this doesnt belong in Open Topic somebody relocate it pl0x.

My estimate: 1K
One thousand unique visitors? Hmmm.

I'm going to guess 5 thousand.

EDIT: Wait, what is the time limit here? Within 12 hours of release? 24 hours? 1 hour?
I'll take 1601. It owuld have been 1600, but then I remembered Kerm would have to be included, everyone votes for themselves Wink
Time limit is... eh... untill we have <10 average guests per hour.
Yeah, that's about what I figured when I made my estimate.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Time limit is... eh... untill we have <10 average guests per hour.

That time limit sucks. It has to be a finite amount of time Rolling Eyes (Hell, thats making the assumption there will be at least 10 people for the first hour - doubtful given that the major sites won't have any info posted on it - if they post any at all)
... stop making things frustrating Razz you know what we mean, from moment of release, to the end of the flood.
Finite. Amount. Of. Time.

I doubt there WILL be a flood - not after the over-hyped bug-ridden 'release' of DCS 5 Rolling Eyes
Bah, I was afraid there might not be either, if its just available for DL on ticalc, people may not bother to stop by. If there is no flood, this game will be invalid Sad so lets assume there will be =D
Yeah, the bugs will hopefully not have scared too many people away...

If nothing else, Kerm, you still got us. Razz
That's what mah new version of ZTris is for. It convinces people that there's worthwhile stuff, and it doesn't crash (much).
The Tari wrote:
That's what mah new version of ZTris is for. It convinces people that there's worthwhile stuff, and it doesn't crash (much).
I can't get Doors CS to crash anymore - I should know; I've tried quite hard. ZTris often crashes on me regardless of shell, though.
KermMartian wrote:
The Tari wrote:
I can't get Doors CS to crash anymore - I should know; I've tried quite hard. ZTris often crashes on me regardless of shell, though.

I stopped using the DCS betas at like 5.7 because it crashed to much for me and I had trouble playing games (I think it may have been the writeback or something, not sure). Now it has not crashed ONCE, and I got my new calc yesterday (ti 84+ se) and played games on it all day, ztris, phoenix, diamonds, minicarz and a LOT of other games (verdante forest to, though I have no idea what to do =P )
So... was there a flood?
There was indeed a bit of a flood, yes. Not as much as I was expecting, but still substantial.
Like what sort of flood? +2 guests per hour then normal?
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Like what sort of flood? +2 guests per hour then normal?
A few more than that; also, between April 20th and April 21st, Cemetech transferred the largest amount of data than for any other two-day period this month.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours