KermMartian wrote:
(I can't imagine it's more than 100-200mA).

Its less that 100mA, as that is all that a USB port will deliver unless the device requests more power (which a USB light won't do, as it has no chip with which to ask for more power)
Wow, I just wrote my first usb8x driver. It was surprisingly easy (once I was able to find half decent documentation. The wiki has all the info, but it's scattered like heck).

Code:

prgmLIGHT
:OpenLib(USBDRV8X
:{12
:ExecLib

It requires version .12.
foamy3 wrote:
Wow, I just wrote my first usb8x driver. It was surprisingly easy (once I was able to find half decent documentation. The wiki has all the info, but it's scattered like heck).

Code:

prgmLIGHT

It requires version .12.

I feel your pain brotha'

give it a DCS icon and release it with a fancy GUI to turn the light on and off.
elfprince13 wrote:

It requires version .12.

I feel your pain brotha'

give it a DCS icon and release it with a fancy GUI to turn the light on and off.[/quote]

Haha, sure thing. I suck at pixel art, but I'll give it a try.
Draw a Sun with sunglasses =D
So it works ? Smile

Just a question... Did anyone pay attention to what I posted earlier about what my friend used Razz

PS On another note, he couldn't get the light very bright so today he came in and had a built in battery pack Rolling Eyes
You might as well melt a book light onto the side. Or attach it in some way. No point in wasting good USB space =D
Harq wrote:
So it works ? Smile

Just a question... Did anyone pay attention to what I posted earlier about what my friend used Razz

Yeah, actually, what you said about him using msd8x is what made me think to use usb8x.
foamy3 wrote:
Harq wrote:
So it works ? Smile

Yeah, actually, what you said about him using msd8x is what made me think to use usb8x.

Yay, I helped Very Happy

Is it powerful enough to light up the entire screen? o.O
Harq wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
Harq wrote:
So it works ? Smile

Yay, I helped Very Happy

Is it powerful enough to light up the entire screen? o.O

It's powerful enough but I need to have it held farther away. I have it clipped to the usb mini adaptor so it just shows a diagonal streak of line across the screen. It's still enough to play games and do math and stuff, though. It's slightly annoying for programming, but if I'm programming I'm probably sitting down anyway and can rest the light somewhere else. The cord is 1-2ft. (unstretched to stretched)

Edit: I can clip the light onto my shirt and view the whole screen just fine.
I have a magical fix for this veiwing problem, paper clamp+book light. If you have a good kind, just book light. =D
foamy3 wrote:

Code:

prgmLIGHT

It requires version .12.

You're welcome for that. (I added HostInit)

My USB light works fine, but my USB fan requires too much power. It spins up and then immediately dies.
brandonw wrote:
(I added HostInit)

Oh, cool!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours