This is an all text RPG, that uses a real-time gaming engine, for movement, battle, and menus. The current story line falls along the lines of this:

You are a lone survuvung soldier of an ambush as you patrolled your country. You managed to defeat the last remaining orcs, but their re enforcments drove you away. You manage to flee through the forest, and stumble upon a city ravaged by war. You hesitate, but realize you have no other choice but to go into the city, and try to mount some sort of defense against the Orcs, and at the same time, try to figure out what happened to this city...

Right now, I am reworking the map system (my calc crashed, and I had to start over from the released version) and I have to re-write the item pickup screen, and I will be back to where I was before. Then I need to add on a bunch more rooms, stash some items in them, and put in a battle system for one of the creatures that are lurking in one of the buildings.

Any suggestions (other than backup more often)??
What made your calc crash?? Smile

Do you have any plans for being able to save games in different slots?
I have no idea why it crashed. It was performing perfectly, and when I turned it back on to get back to programming it, it just said RAM Cleared.

And as to the multiple slots, it will have 2 save slots for a while, and if it is good enough (i.e. liked alot) I might make it have up to 5 save slots. I now have an easier way of getting my stuff on the net, I fixed my laptop! I hope to have some decent screenshots tommorrow. Smile

And I don't know if/where I mentioned this, but have you looked at my forum yet?
Indeed I have. It looks good. And yes, screenshots sound good.

Did you notice anything towards the bottom of the forum?
lol I just saw that. Thanks!
No problem. I placed you as mod (which I am sure you saw that) but I am unsure what it allows you to do exactly. Is there anything you would like added/changed??
No, that's fine. I shall utilize that!
I now have a stats routine built in. I am going to work on the Item pick up next.
Cool. How big do you think it will be when you're done (hours of gameplay and KB)?
I have absolutely no idea. I want the game to be so big, but I know I have to limit it some. I know it will be similar to loading some of Kevin's games, needing to ungroup, archive, ungroup, archive, etc. but the end product, will definitely be worth it. I will look tonight and see how much memory the game is taking up currently. Smile

And as to hours of game play, I hope to make it so long that you have to change the batteries at least once... Twisted Evil
TI-Freak8x wrote:
I have absolutely no idea. I want the game to be so big, but I know I have to limit it some. I know it will be similar to loading some of Kevin's games, needing to ungroup, archive, ungroup, archive, etc. but the end product, will definitely be worth it. I will look tonight and see how much memory the game is taking up currently. Smile

Don't forget to leave space for Doors CS! Smile

TI-Freak8x wrote:
And as to hours of game play, I hope to make it so long that you have to change the batteries at least once... Twisted Evil

That's quite impressive.
It is what I hope, and who knows, I might actually achieve it. The game has the potentional (currently) for over 2220 rooms, but whether I get that many is yet to be seen. Smile

And as soon as you get the Doors CS 100% complete, I will add the neccessary code to make it show up.

I had a sudden realization. Wouldn't it have been easier, to have doors display only those programs with the dcs code??
Yeah, but why? I want it to be used in some cases as a TI-OS homescreen replacement. Thus native BASIC support is imperative.
Yeah, sorry, I forgot about that. Oh well.

See if you like the sound of this:

Normal potion restores 35% of max hp
M. Potion restores 75% of max hp, but harder to comeby (Can only be found in battles

The same goes with ethers.

Then all I have to do is decide how many weapons and armor pieces I want in the game.
Yeah, that sounds good. You don't want to make it too easy! Very Happy
Yeah, the weapons are going to be a lil harder for me to figure out, because I want a person to be able to use a weapon, only when they have reached a certain level, or certain amoun tof strength points. I don't really know yet.
TI-Freak8x wrote:
... I want a person to be able to use a weapon, only when they have reached a certain level, or certain amoun tof strength points. I don't really know yet.

Hmm, I think that using strength points would be better. Perhaps have some kind of experience/skill/expertise level to govern when more advanced objects could be picked up?
I was thinking more along the lines that they can pick it up, but they just can't use it or equip it until they reach a certain level of points. That is something that is a lil ways off anyways...
Oh OK, that makes more sense anyway. Go for it.

Page 1 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours