Doors CS 6 RC4 brings a new set of bugfixes and tweaks to the ever-improving Doors CS shell, one step closer to completion. Most importantly, writeback now works for all archived programs, regardless of size. Writeback also works when AP files that were loaded by Doors CS have changed size during ASM program execution. Finally, automatic (un)archiving of BASIC subprograms using the Doors CS header has been repaired to properly handle all valid variations of the header. Enjoy, and as always, report any bugs found in the DCS subforum of Cemetech's forum.

Download
Doors CS 6.0 Release Candidate 4
pwntastic, now DTerm oughta work properly again....I should port that to ASM actually...
Sweet Kerm, it works, not that I doubted it for a second, it rocks and I can't wait for the final release. Smile TI-84+ SE
ok, first time I used DCS in over a year (my last time was really bad, almost lost my calc to a bug), and I have found a bug. I was scrolling up and down (using the +/- keys) when all of a sudden, all of the icons on the desktop disappeared off of the desktop (like I had now progs on my calc). I quit from DCS, and checked my progs screen, all were still there as I can tell. Thank god.
lol, you and DCS just don't get along... Razz

Edit:

Error reproduced, but once I cleared it and resent the progs, not doing it. When I did it, I had a folder up on there, will edit this post with my results...

Edit2:

I was only able to reproduce the error like this:

Starting with the "desktop", place a new folder. In that folder, place a new folder. Go back to the root, and press +, then -. when pressing -, the run indicator will come on for a split second, before the calc freezes.
Not a bug, but the sprite editor's cursor for the mouse is a leeeetttle too sensitive.
rivereye wrote:
ok, first time I used DCS in over a year (my last time was really bad, almost lost my calc to a bug), and I have found a bug. I was scrolling up and down (using the +/- keys) when all of a sudden, all of the icons on the desktop disappeared off of the desktop (like I had now progs on my calc). I quit from DCS, and checked my progs screen, all were still there as I can tell. Thank god.

I had that problem in an earlier version, but I wasn't using the current version at the time so I didn't give a bug report.
Idea: Password - like Krolypto does - at calc and DCS start-up, and at the Memory menu - all optional.
That way you wouldn't need both Krolypto and DCS - a whopping 48k.
Insanity wrote:
Idea: Password - like Krolypto does - at calc and DCS start-up, and at the Memory menu - all optional.
That way you wouldn't need both Krolypto and DCS - a whopping 48k.

Yea, a password would be nice then you'll convince even some of the die hard MOS users that Door CS6 is better.

<edit> Maybe You could add some other MOS like features IE. Hidden files , ON+APPS (you would have to use another button besides APPs obliviously) ect.

<edit2> With the Subprogram unarchive feature, is the subprogram supposed to rearchive because it doesn't on my calc?
iirc, one of the older DCS's had password protection... Is it possible to have more then one desktop? Or mabye permanent folders, so I could have Games, math, subprogs, ect all seperated out. And what I would reeaallly love a lot would somehow have a right click option on BASIC progs that would go straight to the code of the program, right back into editing. Would make icon testing a bit faster and would be a nice feature. Tomorow im going to make some 94x62 pixel drawings of my fantasy version of dcs... lol
Hmm... It is doubtful that you will be able to get access to the editor via the app, and as far as I know, he hasn't had a password protector in DCS since it was in BASIC...
zOMG, Pseudo, I admit, *nix style workspaces would own, but DCS doesn't really do that much stuff with windows, so I don't see it being too useful.

And that 'right click to edit a basic program' sounds good. Maybe for DCS 6.x.x? Even if it closed the shell and took you to the editor, it would be cool.
Quote:
And that 'right click to edit a basic program' sounds good. Maybe for DCS 6.x.x? Even if it closed the shell and took you to the editor, it would be cool.

I agree. It would make things simpler for all basic programmers. Good Idea
Password: just write an SE (or update my existing one).
Subprog rearch: I'll look into it.
Disappearing files: I'll definitely look into this one.
I've given up on making folders in Door CS6 because every time my ram clears they are deleted, couldn't you store what folders you have and their contents in the appvars?
Oh yeah, how do you tell DCS what goes in what folder? The comment bytes in the VAT?
@Calc: It uses the "T2 (future use)" byte.
@Storm: Can you please send me the program that didn't rearchive the sub? I just want to point out that it leaves the subprograms in the same state as the main. If the main is archived, the subs will be rearchived. If it's in RAM, they won't.
Duh Razz My bad, I should have thought of that. Yes the main Program was unarchived thanks for the tip.
TheStorm wrote:
Duh Razz My bad, I should have thought of that. Yes the main Program was unarchived thanks for the tip.
Ah, cool! Then there's actually only one bug I need to look for, that scrolling bug. I had actually run across it myself at one point, but I thought it was a fluke and didn't bother marking it down.
TheStorm wrote:
I've given up on making folders in Door CS6 because every time my ram clears they are deleted, couldn't you store what folders you have and their contents in the appvars?

You see this Kerm?
Edit: Couldn't say what folder you want it in in the program header?
just a thought

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 14
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours