Insanity wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:
126,448 bytes Archive
Kerm, go ALL OUT on DCS.

Psh, by the time it gets 48k, there better have a BASIC IDE in there or something worth expr("48-16") k of sacrifice...
...and the calc-to-calc networking too...

the networking is already there Wink

and a Basic IDE really shouldn't take up that much space given the existing TI bcalls.
This may be considered a solution but i say its a bugfix, make 7 permanent folders, and if possible a hook that prompts on where to put a program when went to calc, and when DCS is run, and new programs are present. Bugfix + permanent organization.

7 folders:
Games, Education, Graphix, Media, Misc, Levels, Subprograms
Yea permanent folders might work. If you could make custom folders within them.
BUG REPORT BUG REPORT. remember that stack of folder within folder I had? I tried to delete the main folder, and it froze.
BUG...ish? I made 6 folders on the home screen and started to cut and paste files in them and when i pasted a file to one folder and hit back I went to another folder WTF? I thought all folder Bugs were fixed. I night have to go back to MOS. Just Joking
Though I might give up folder making and file sorting with DCS6.
Edit: It doesn't do it with all folders WTFer.
Edit2: now the back button doesn't always doesn't work after I paste a file into one of my folders.
Make it work!!! *TheStorm pulls out hair.
I say just trash the current folder scheme. Ill have my 'Fantasy Shell' pics up in a while.
OK, this is all due to a single bug from what I can figure out; it appears to be an issue in figuring out what a folder's parent is. I suspect something with sorting, and *should* have it fixed by tomorrow.
"Thanks Kerm" says TheStorm as he threatens calc with swirly. Mad
Nooo, don't do it!!! Surprised
I just was able to replicate the bug; fix in progress.
**ATTENTION**
Fix complete and in place. Current frontpage download link is RC4.2.
Thanks Kerm it works yea!!! Now I just need to avoid ram clears so I don't need to keep remaking all my folders.
Very nice! Very Happy This could be the one, people, this could be the release candidate that turns into 6.0 if no new bugs are found in the next 7 days... although somehow I doubt that will happen.
I haven't found anything but if you want I can test it for you. Evil or Very Mad
TheStorm wrote:
Thanks Kerm it works yea!!! Now I just need to avoid ram clears so I don't need to keep remaking all my folders.

Huh? Isn't the backup app var working?
The folders are stored in hidden programs.

Kerm, couldn't you archive them?
calc84maniac wrote:
The folders are stored in hidden programs.

Kerm, couldn't you archive them?

Or make a copy of them in the archived appvar.
calc84maniac thanks but your post was a little late because I had already reset my ram to test what foamy said. Sad
No guys, think about it this way:

1) Folders are stored as hidden programs in RAM. Their structure:

VAT Entry:
Code:
05 - Program, unlocked
xx - T2 (parent folder)
xx - Version
nnnn - location in RAM
05 - name length
'%'
'F'
'L'
'D'
xx - folder number

Program:

Code:
08 00 - size = 8 bytes
'NAME',0,0,0,0 - 8-byte string, 0-padded, containing folder name

If you were to archive folders, it would make no difference, as ram clears reset the T2 byte anyway; all the folders would be empty, jumbled up in the main folder. I'll consider it anyway, though.
This is supposed to be bug fixes, right?
Well:
my program doesn't show up in Doors.
Seriously: It doesn't have anything at the top except the DCS header yet isn't appearing anywhere in DCS

Details
-Program name: WCM
-standard DCS header:

:DCS
"3C528999E38D4A3C

Then comes regular code

ClrDraw
AxesOff
etc...

So...um...what all exactly are Doors' limitations on prgm recognition? Confused
How strange... Send me the program. my username at cemetech.net
Doesn't it copy from the backup VAT entry in archive after RAM clears? So if you change that byte BEFORE archiving, it should keep it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 14
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours