TheStorm wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
I've given up on making folders in Door CS6 because every time my ram clears they are deleted, couldn't you store what folders you have and their contents in the appvars?

You see this Kerm?
I did. And no, it wouldn't work that well, because aside from having to rewrite huge chunks of DCS that deal with folders, only the folder structure would be preserved after RAM clears. Programs would all be reset to the main folder.

Oh, and why are you getting RAM Clears anyway? I hope they're not from DCS...
No their from msd8x and my own stupidity, no need to worry Kerm:P
Oh, maybe it could be a DCS7 feature?
TheStorm wrote:
No their from msd8x and my own stupidity, no need to worry Kerm:P
Oh, maybe it could be a DCS7 feature?
Possibly, possibly.

@Dan and Rivereye: I've been unable to reproduce the blank screen bug, even though I've been messing around with creating folders and moving programs into them for 10 minutes. Can you give me precise steps starting with a RAM clear to reproduce it?
Oh, another DCS7 Suggestion, Door CS7 msd8x edition?
Edit: Maybe you could make a USB folder
Edit2: Kerm. Did you add USB or PS2 mouse support to DCS6?
Ram Clear

Load DCS6

Send all of Star Trek to the calc/PTI

In root directory, create a new folder

In NEW FOLDER, create a new folder

Return to root directory

press +

Press -

Calc/pti freezes at this point.
I'm afraid I was still unable to duplicate it. What were your folders named?
Heh, I think the first one was named NEW and the second one was named DOOM or something to that effect.

Are you trying on calc or PTI?? I was using ROM 1.12, on PTI, not sure if that will make a difference...
PTI with ROM 1.12:

Well, I will make an attempt to duplicate it again on PTI tonight when I get home, or I might try to take off from work a lil earlier, and set up a screenshot.
tifreak8x wrote:
Well, I will make an attempt to duplicate it again on PTI tonight when I get home, or I might try to take off from work a lil earlier, and set up a screenshot.
Thanks, I'd appreciate it. The faster I can find and fix this, the faster I can restart the one-week-no-bugs counter for final release.
I found a bug in folders... I think someone reported this already but I'm not sure.

Whenever you create a folder, you can move some files into it, but on the third folder, after I had copied about a screenful of files to it, I couldn't go up to the root directory anymore, and I have to restart DCS to get back.

Also, does DCS shut the calc down after some amount of time of idleness?
Yes, it monitors idle time, and after 2 minutes or so, it will shut down.

As to the other folder error, I will see about duplicating this error as well...
Temprary_Insanity wrote:
I found a bug in folders... I think someone reported this already but I'm not sure.

Whenever you create a folder, you can move some files into it, but on the third folder, after I had copied about a screenful of files to it, I couldn't go up to the root directory anymore, and I have to restart DCS to get back.

Also, does DCS shut the calc down after some amount of time of idleness?
I'd guess this is a result of the same problem that these other guys have found. Good thing it got caught before the final release!
One error i keep getting is sometimes when i send an ion program to my calculator dcs thinks it is a regular ti-os asm program and will not run it. Then after i resend the program a couple of times it finally works. And another problem i found is when i get an error from trying to play games that are too big to be copied to ram the error flashes to fast and i cant read what it says without clicking the program multiple times to get glimpses of it.
Yes, if you get a memory error (this happened to me 5 minutes ago) the error flashes for a split second before returning to DCS, I only new what it said because I was running a 20K program and remembered I had Fallen Ghosts Draw3D unarchived (5K+)
Strange, it uses the normal DCSError call. Anyway:

**ATTENTION**
The download link for RC4 has been updated to RC4.1. This Release Candidate repairs the scroll bug various users have been reporting. Enjoy.
Temprary_Insanity wrote:

Huh...I kept asking about this (well, twice anyway)
Also, it sometimes jumps from one folder to an adjacent one on the same level.

Sorry if I sound like a broken record. ^_^;
Other than that, I'd say DCS is coming along quite nicely. I got some more people to DCS again. I only had to put CrunchyOS back on those who had under 30k of Archive (so they don't come complaining to me later about constant garbage collecting) and those that have Pheonix II.
If only somebody would make some super awesome can-do-anything 48K shell... =*(
Ever thought about implementing the icon maker into DCS as either part of the actual DCS6 app or as a secondary program that comes with it?

Actually, I AM aware that doing the former would probably involve altering the code (which is kind of dumb to do in RC phase, because it would defeat the purpose of DCS 6 being an RC)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 14
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours