If you look at http://morphteque.freehostia.com/phpBB2/ you will see that the SAX Chat does not work. I am pretty sure I followed all the instructions, but I am gussing I did something wrong. I looked over the code again and still could not find anything. If someone could tell me where to look too fix my problem please post.

EDIT: Link fixed.
Mexi1010 wrote:
If you look at http://www.morphteque.freehostia.com you will see that the SAX Chat does not work. I am pretty sure I followed all the instructions, but I am gussing I did something wrong. I looked over the code again and still could not find anything. If someone could tell me where to look too fix my problem please post.

You will also see that the site doesn't work Wink
Someone please help. Crying
Um...The site's....kind of empty....empty as in it's just a small forum with no visible SAX widget.

That...and the link you provided in your message doesn't work while the one in your sig does.
Not to mention that I can't seem to log in anymore. Did you delete my account?
I just noticed that if you are not logged in you cannot see the widget. I will post a pic tmrw. Sorry. Sad Edit:No all acounts got deleted, I'll explain later.
No worries. We won't bite your head off (Although I can't speak for ALL the members Laughing )

Just be sure to post the pics.
SAME EXACT THING for me. On both my forums. I've attempted to get Kerms help on this many times. I always seemed to catch him whilst he was busy. He was able to help me with other SAX things so not all attempts were without trouble.

I'm thinking of removing SAX as a visible widget. And just leave it hidden. The adding a Visible SAX in the ACP along with a Category for it which will display the log which would ordinarily be shown on the forum.

Please do post on how to fix this Kerm. Sad
I need something more detailed. Did you both make sure you followed _all_ the steps? What doesn't work about it?
I has a MySQl sax I can bust out if yours is teh borked. do you have proper file permissions?
@Kerm: You can't see the chat history, nor send anything. All thats there is the Input Box, 'Say' Button, and the SAX Image, as well as a border. It's writing to the log file, I can see that by viewing it through direct URL. I got it to work one day, then a user logged on to test it, and it never worked again.

@elf: MySQL heh? Might be useful. Can I have some help (through PM's or similar) to make a small change to it? All I can say is that its a small Quirk me gots. And yes, all permissions are correct.
This is all you can see from the SAX widget on my forum site,

Sorry about the crappy image.

As you can see the button does not even say, say.
I can help witht he button. I got that too in the newer, phpBB accepted, SAX Version. Just go into the overall_header.tpl and change {L_SAY} to "Say." It worked for me.

I'm so glad someone is having very similar problems than I.
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
I can help witht he button. I got that too in the newer, phpBB accepted, SAX Version. Just go into the overall_header.tpl and change {L_SAY} to "Say." It worked for me.

I'm so glad someone is having very similar problems than I.

Should I change the whole "{L_SAY}" to "Say" or just what is insede the brackets.

EDIT: And Kerm, from last night, yes you have to re-register because the first time I tried to install SAX I made a mistake somewhere (a HUGE mistake) and I had to reinstall PHP and it caused all the profiles to be deleted.

EDIT 2: Thanks some18kanal, at least I got that to work.
phpBB has yet to officially accept SAX...
Anyway, I'll go look at your board and see if I can find the problem.
Well, the logs work on your site.

I'm guessing it's a display error. Can you post the perms on all the SAX related files?

Also, while you're at it, make sure you edited all the template files correctly.

And can you also post your PHP version? I was looking at your host, and they seem a little shady... $20 for a domain registration >.<
I am going to go check the permissions, I will edit this post in a minute.

EDIT: Perms
Sax.php=755
SaxSay.php=755
SaxJax.php=755
SaxLog.dat=755

(I do not think you need to know about the Saxtiny.png Razz )
Leave a message on SAX when you do, ok?
I found your problem, oh brilliant one. Razz

Code:
<script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript" src="https://cp.freehostia.com/members/filemanager/?action=view&file=saxjax.js"></script>
Oh sir idiot, you're including a link to the File Manager!? I revote your humanity membership. Sad
****Scratching his head**** How did that get there? I know I did not put that there.

But oh well, thanks a ton Kerm.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours