Just out of curiosity, how much profit do you make on those?
Now about those TICI hubs... would that even be practical?
TICI hubs: hmm, doubt it.
Profit: I make $0.00 to $0.50 on each item. I have most of them set to baseline (no markup).
Think Kerm! If you sold 100 tici hubs, you would gain $50! lol
westsider_gw wrote:
Think Kerm! If you sold 100 tici hubs, you would gain $50! 0x5
I think I would mark TICI hubs a bit more than that, considering the labor that would go into making the things. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
TICI hubs: hmm, doubt it.

Why not? You just have to make them look sweet, along the same design lines as the ultimate calculator Very Happy (just don't tell anyone its a nearly empty box.... Wink )
I'd buy one as long as it's under $3 i'm sure once all the drivers are done evreyone will wand a adapter so they can have the hub without voiding warranty Very Happy and it will allow people who don't own the equiptment to case mod to fit in the hub.
TheStorm wrote:
I'd buy one as long as it's under $3 i'm sure once all the drivers are done evreyone will wand a adapter so they can have the hub without voiding warranty Very Happy and it will allow people who don't own the equiptment to case mod to fit in the hub.
Under $3?! Are you on crack? The parts alone cost $5-$10.
I didn't know my bad, Neutral $15 maybe
I have 2 ps2 ports that i'm taking from an computer but it's not like I'm searching online to price cheak and maybe you could get a deal on the parts in bulk Question
TheStorm wrote:
I didn't know my bad, Neutral $15 maybe
I have 2 ps2 ports that i'm taking from an computer but it's not like I'm searching online to price cheak and maybe you could get a deal on the parts in bulk Question
Still not going to be $1 of parts. I'd estimate, say, $8 of parts, $8 of labor, and a 50% markup, so around $25 total. I can't charge myself 50 cents an hour. Smile
Kerm, you be crazy. The TICI hub doesn't need nearly $8 in parts. It needs what, a PS/2 port, 2.5mm stereo jack, and a 5V DC input - anything else? Get that "bulk" (like, price per 10) and I would be very surprised if it was more than $3-4 in parts.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Kerm, you be crazy. The TICI hub doesn't need nearly $8 in parts. It needs what, a PS/2 port, 2.5mm stereo jack, and a 5V DC input - anything else? Get that "bulk" (like, price per 10) and I would be very surprised if it was more than $3-4 in parts.
Don't forget the enclosure slash battery case and a switch.
You could get battery cases and switches for like 50 cents any way so wheres the issue their, the only thing that might cost more than a few bucks would be the enclosure and all you have to do is some trial and error to find just the right size plastic box and buy them in bulk for cheep. So I say they should cost no more than $8 in parts tops.
Rather than just speculating, how about you go online, dig around, and FIND where you can get the parts for the price you say?
Hey Kerm, has anything actually been sold Confused
None whatsoever. C'mon, people! Buy stuff!
Cough coolstuffpl0xorz /cough

lol, messenger bag would be cool =D

EDIT: Non-yellow messenger bag. Yellow is the devils color =P
I might buy some stuff soon, but I have to save money for colllege and a new laptop.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours