Well, we are almost there, so I will type a really long message (300 words or more) so that we can finally have 2,000,000 words posted on Cemetech. That is, of course, unless someone posts before I finish typing this long message Very Happy

BTW, I've been wondering, how does Cemetech count the number of words in each post? Does it take the total number of characters and divide by 5, or does it consider anything in between spaces to be a word.

So, would "Antidisestablishmentarianism" count as 1 word or 6? Would s a r d k count as 5 words?

Also, does Cemetech update the number of words you have / the total number of words on Cemetech if you edit one of your posts?

Does quoting someone add to your word count? Do things in code tags count? What about urls or font size and / or color add to your word count?

This message officially contains the 2,000,000 word posted on Cemetech!!!

Another related question that I just thought of is how do you use the list and List= tags? I never bothered to figure it out Laughing

The smiley also reminded me: Do emoticons count toward your total word count?

Anyone know when 1,000,000 words was reached?

I just found out that only Administrators can post in the announcement section (gee, doesn't that seem logical Rolling Eyes ), so could someone please move this topic to the announcements forum?

Gosh, it is incredibly difficult to come up with 300 words about how the word count algorithm and about how many words there are on Cemetech!

Some related statistics (this is where knowing how to use the list function would come in handy):

* There are an average of 28.944 words per post

* There are an average of 906.068 words per topic

* The most users ever online was 993 on 09 Feb 2007 12:31:20 pm (I've got to wonder about this one, though... Rolling Eyes )

* This forum is copyright 2000-2005 by Kerm Martian (what about 2006 & 2007?)

That should be enough...
What... the... flip...
This is a monumental event. Cemetech forums now has 2000000+ words on them. That is A LOT. /me slaps on party hat and dances with calc (rofls)
Quotes don't count. Edits appear... eventually. Not sure about code tags. Words are stuff between spaces (minimum number of letters to be a word I'm not sure about). Not sure about smilies either.

Lets see, I've now broken the 50 words per post average, yay! (217,000 of those 2,000,000 words are mine, or around 11%)
I wonder what percent are kerms. around .5% here =|
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
I wonder what percent are kerms.

About 21% (although his 19 words per post is pathetic Very Happy <insert excuse about post count being carried over from old forums> Wink )
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:

Better than me. I'm probably <.1%
Of course that's only because I'm still new here.
KeithJohansen wrote:
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:

Better than me. I'm probably <.1%
Of course that's only because I'm still new here.

.08% yeah I beat you all Very Happy
TheStorm wrote:
.08% yeah I beat you all Very Happy

No, keith has you beat as he has something like half the words you do (so if you are .08 he would be .04)
yeah, I think my words per post is really low (21.5). Ah well, not all of use are really great in the number of words we post.
35.33 average words per post
That's what I clock in at. Dang, I actually write more than I think.
Yes, but you only have 16 posts. Try maintaining that over 10,000 posts, and it becomes more impressive Wink (although you aren't much above the average. I think I have over 210,000 posts w/ a 50 word per post average Cool )
I have something like... Oh, I don't know, 40 words per post Cool I need to work on trying to work more content into all of my posts so I can attempt to bypass Kllrnohj in the word average game =P

Kllrnohj, do you have the highest average as of right now?

P.S. This post has something like 50 words =P
Kllrnohj wrote:
Yes, but you only have 16 posts. Try maintaining that over 10,000 posts, and it becomes more impressive Wink (although you aren't much above the average. I think I have over 210,000 posts w/ a 50 word per post average Cool )

I accept the challenge. Good Idea
KeithJohansen wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

I accept the challenge. Good Idea

Pull out the posting bots!

Just Joking
No, I don't Harq. There are several people here with more than me, although most of them have few posts. Chipmaster, I think, might be leading in the 100k post+ club with 65 average words per post.

Speaking of which, the member list seems to not be updating anymore ( http://www.cemetech.net/forum/memberlist.php ) - look at the 'posts' column....

EDIT: Harq, posts like that only serve to lower your average count Very Happy
Kllrnohj wrote:

no, you have about 4000 posts Wink
Kllrnohj wrote:

Speaking of which, the member list seems to not be updating anymore ( http://www.cemetech.net/forum/memberlist.php ) - look at the 'posts' column....

EDIT: Harq, posts like that only serve to lower your average count Very Happy

Maybe the list is biased? Laughing It adds people it likes only.
No... I went to the page where I am and everything is correct for me, it has the correct number of posts, no problem there!
You know, speaking of people who post a lot, what ever happened to Ult Dev'r and JPez? I haven't seen either of them around here for a while...

EDIT: Oh, and 42.7 wpp here.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours