Okay, so I have a new PC. My method of getting my crap off of the old one and onto the new one is compressing it all and emailing it to myself.

Off of the My Computer panel, there are links to the user folders ([username]'s documents). I compressed my entire documents folder. I can't find the ZIP folder tho. I'm probably an idiot, but I kind of need help ^^;;
So you need help *finding* the zip file on the old computer? Did you try WindowsKey+F?
I searched the computer already. I can't find it ^^;;;
Ah well, I have a backup plan. I just wanted to know if anyone knew anything on this subject.
You say ZIP "folder" - you do know it will just be a file with a .zip extension and not a folder at all, right? It *should* be in the same directory of the folder that you compressed. Oh, and what program did you use to compress them?

Anywho, there are much faster ways of transferring files. Do both computers have an ethernet port? Do both have USB ports?
the way I would do it (I am assuming both are windows computers), is have them on the network. Make sure that the old one has an admin account with a password, then what you would do is access it via \\<computername>\c$

From there, you have access to all files on the C:\ drive. Just replace the drive letter for other partitions on the Hard Drive.
I've yet to actually put the new PC together... ^^;
My CD burner doesn't burn, my floppies are pitiful and I've got too much crap.
The fastest way to do it would always be to just pop out the old drive, stick it in the new computer and then do a copy/paste. When its finished, shut down the PC and pull the drive back out, shoving it back in the old compy and you're done. Smile

But, if you don't have your new computer built yet, then this is all irrelevant...

EDIT: Somehow, I don't think you have too much crap. You can make that claim when you have 1300 GB of hard drive space that is over 75% full....
I'm just gonna fiddle with the frickin CD burner. ***Thread Closed Due to Stupidity of Thread Creator***
Based on your posts on SAX, it would appear that you solved this by fixing your burner. Well done.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours