Does anyone own a copy of the board game Payday by Parker Brothers? I love the game, but do not own a copy so I was going to try to make one on my calculator that supports 4 players (human or AI). I googled it, but I could not find either a picture of the board that I could use to identify what happens on each day or what the various bill/deal cards are.

I would greatly appreciate ANY help with creating this game (I have already built a board & basic engine to play)!

What I need:

* List of the 16 deal cards

* what each space on the game board does (I know that 2 is +$500; nothing happens on sundays, one saturday is buy a dress for $45, one saturday is poker, and a few others)

* What the different mail are (there are 93 total; most are postcards, but some are insurance & there are several bills (I know of 800, 125, 150, 25))

I could make up what the mail is, but I really need to know what the deal cards are and (even more importantly) what the board looks like.

Thanks!
I don't know about payday but careers is another cool one you could make though it was discontinued years ago
I think we have it somewhere, I'll look around for it later (its probably buried in the basement somewhere... ugh)
I would GREATLY appreciate any help, so whatever you can tell me, I will use it.

Anyway, an update on what I have done so far:

* there are 4 players, each can be either human or AI (I could add more, but there are only 4 in the board game, so...)

* players can move around the board (but they don't move back to start at the end of a month)

* everything is stored in Matrix form, plus a few lists for temporary storage and a couple temporary variables

* AI automatically puts all money in savings (that they can, of course) at the start of every turn

* you can get $500 if you land on the 2nd square (that part is true to the original game, I know)

* you can play the poker game & win, but I have no idea if I randomly chose the correct day.

* the AI chooses to play poker, but only if they have a certain amount of money

* There is totally awesome animated die rolling

To do list:
* program in Deal cards

* program in Mail

* program in other spaces such as buy high school dress $40, buy groceries $75, etc

* add in the end of month part

* draw the days and possibly icons in the currently empty calendar (only shows part of the board; the part you are on)

Any suggestions or recommendations are still appreciated!

@TheStorm: I have no idea what careers is; you'd have to tell me

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours