Hey, I was wondering if there is any product that you can use to back up your programs and apps on. Maybe one that is portable that you can just hook up to a TI84+SE and transfer data.
TI-Connect, but knowing you don't have a cable, you could have a problem. Some camera's use the same Cable to sync with the computer, try looking at your Digi camera cables, yuo might score. I can use the same cable for my Camera (Konica Minolta (words there might vary in order, after this is fine) DiMage G400), PSP, and TI-84+SE. Very Happy
well, obviously TI-Connect or even TILP can provide this, but is there and portable device, like a flash drive that has capabilities of transferring or holding data.
(this post sounded kinda rude...sorry)
Nup. Unless someone makes a program to utilise USB2x or w/e it was. You can copy programs, for as far as I know. Don't know about App Vars, Strings, pics, etc. I'm quite sure you can, however.
you can use msd8x at ti calc but it can only transfer progs, lists, strings and vars. there is no suport for apps and mine has been a little glitchy and has killed at least one thumb drive Sad ps you also need a usb adapter duh- Very Happy
btw if any asm programers is interested in adding app functionality to this tell me, if its even posible
@TheStorm: I'm not actually sure if its POSSIBLE for msd8x to kill your thumb drive. I highly doubt that the TI-84 can supply enough voltage over the USB line to destroy it.
Well, i was involved in its death becasus the calc froze and in stead of takeing out the batts i just unpluged the flash drive and then took out the batts OPPS!!!!!!! Crying
Still wouldn't kill it. The TI-84 - as I understand it - can in no possible way deliver a fatal amount of voltage to your thumb drive - at all. (besides, pulling out the thumb drive with power going to it is standard operating procedure - how often do you shut down and unplug your PC before you pull out your thumb drive? Yeesh...)
it was a crudy one that thought it was still being writen to and so ti died all iknow is it sudenly became write protected and msd8x wouldn't do anyting with it nor my computer btw the reson you don't need to use the safly rmove hardware ever time you un plug you flash drive from your computer is becaus the driver is set up so you won't kill you drive when you do this
ps you can turn off this feture and get faster file read/write speed
No offense, but please spell check your posts first. getting Firefox internet browser helps tremendously.
TheStorm wrote:
it was a crudy one that thought it was still being writen to and so ti died all iknow is it sudenly became write protected and msd8x wouldn't do anyting with it nor my computer btw the reson you don't need to use the safly rmove hardware ever time you un plug you flash drive from your computer is becaus the driver is set up so you won't kill you drive when you do this

No, thats not true at all. The reason you don't need to safely remove hardware every time is because it actually writes the files when you tell it to, whereas with your hard drive it doesn't (instead it goes to a cache). Likewise, read/write speed is not improved any by disabling it, but rather it APPEARS to have improved as the OS continues to write files after the operation has 'completed'. The driver cannot do anything to the USB drive once you unplug it, so there is no possible way for what you say to be true anyway - please at least apply logic before making such a bold assumption without doing the slightest bit of fact-checking. Unlike most of the people you probably talk to, some of us here actually know what the hell we are talking about - so leave your bullshiting offline.

If you can access the drive, it isn't dead. Try doing a file system check on it, as it is likely just corrupted.
Kllrnohj wrote:
TheStorm wrote:

No, thats not true at all. The reason you don't need to safely remove hardware every time is because it actually writes the files when you tell it to, whereas with your hard drive it doesn't (instead it goes to a cache). Likewise, read/write speed is not improved any by disabling it, but rather it APPEARS to have improved as the OS continues to write files after the operation has 'completed'. The driver cannot do anything to the USB drive once you unplug it, so there is no possible way for what you say to be true anyway - please at least apply logic before making such a bold assumption without doing the slightest bit of fact-checking. Unlike most of the people you probably talk to, some of us here actually know what the hell we are talking about - so leave your bullshiting offline.

If you can access the drive, it isn't dead. Try doing a file system check on it, as it is likely just corrupted.

sorry if i misunderstood how it works my bad no need to rant on me Neutral
and yes corruption sounds more like the problem and it probably happened because msd8x was writing to the flash drive when my calc froze btw any flash drive manual says that removing the drive while the computer is writing to it will permanently damage the drive -duh

<edit> my computer can view the files but thats it no writing no deletion no editing but i was able to copy the files
TheStorm wrote:
btw any flash drive manual says that removing the drive while the computer is writing to it will permanently damage the drive -duh

First, use punctuation. Second, no they don't - duh Rolling Eyes (try reading the manual yourself and give me an EXACT QUOTE - preferably with a link to the manufacturer's manual online). They don't because it can't. The loss of power cannot cause a USB drive to become damaged. Thats like saying running out of gas will cause your car engine to explode.

Quote:
<edit> my computer can view the files but thats it no writing no deletion no editing but i was able to copy the files

Which could indicate a corrupted file system - reformat it.
The reason you stop/dismount drives before removing, to summarize Kllrnohj, is to complete any delayed or cached writes, not because of any power issues.
you are probably right but like i said the calc was in the middle of writing to the calc when it froze casing the issue the flash drive wasn't idle when it was removed
if i can remember the brand i will look it up but i know it was there
btw I tried to reformat but it just said media is write protected
and it still doesn't matter because i trashed weeks ago
And me and Kerm both said that that was IRRELEVANT - please try to not ignore people's posts, we didn't ignore yours Rolling Eyes
Kllrnohj wrote:
And me and Kerm both said that that was IRRELEVANT - please try to not ignore people's posts, we didn't ignore yours Rolling Eyes

idin't ignore your post i was just trying to make my point like i said it was a crudy $5 drive i think I will have the quote form the manual by Friday and if that wasn't the problem explain to me how a non write protection flash drive became write protected
Crappy manufacturing? You not trying everything you could? It not actually being write-protected, and just needed a good reformat? It being flagged as write protected in Windows?

Its pretty hard to magically know the problem over the internet Rolling Eyes
So how would I do a good reformat Kllrnohj for future knowledge, so this doesn't happen
<edit> I tried a reformat as I said earlier but windows wouldn't allow it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours