Is learning how to program flash applications worth it or should i not even bother?

EDIT: To prevent confusion i mean flash apps on the calculator.
Just use Basic Builder.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Just use Basic Builder.

NO, no, no. Apps are great, but Basic Builder ones are a waste (with very few exceptions).
T'was a joke. But watch out with apps. apps=big big big big
If I understand correctly, flash apps are pretty much the same code as ASM. You just have to deal with pages and stuff. Oh, and I think there is something weird with ROM calls, too. Apps are really only needed for big games and shells, though. An app has to be at least 16000 bytes. Plus, if its any bigger than that, it jumps straight to 32000. So only make an app if it's at least pretty close to that in size. You don't want to waste room.
Apps are merely a way of packaging large ASM programs, giving you amounts of space in multiples of 16kb to work with. You should definitely learn, although at this point you should focus on writing GUI-aware programs for Doors CS 6. Smile
Alright i will do that. Is there any good app tutorials that you particularly like that i should try out?
KermMartian wrote:
Apps are merely a way of packaging large ASM programs, giving you amounts of space in multiples of 16kb to work with. You should definitely learn, although at this point you should focus on writing GUI-aware programs for Doors CS 6. Smile</blatant self promotion>

Wink

lafferm: so you finally got an 83+! nice. and DWedit's is good, also, talk to spencer on Revsoft, he does a good job explaining it.
nope i got even better, an 84+ se
hooray for ungodly archive space.
Elfprince: you forgot the small matter of a [/b].
Lafferjm: congrats.
I was skimming through appguru and the whole signing process sounds a little complicated.
lafferjm wrote:
I was skimming through appguru and the whole signing process sounds a little complicated.
Signing apps can seem daunting at first, but if you use something like Brass, I can help you with a batch file that will sign apps without any extra steps.
lafferjm wrote:

congrats! and its not complicated really, you just use 0104.key and an appsigner of your choice (wabbitsign, rabbitsign, or the official one from TI)

Kerm: you're lying Wink
elfprince13 wrote:
lafferjm wrote:

congrats! and its not complicated really, you just use 0104.key and an appsigner of your choice (wabbitsign, rabbitsign, or the official one from TI)

Kerm: your lying Wink
My lying? I don't own a lying. And assuming you change it to you're, what do you mean? Smile
rofl, etc, and I mean I'm not missing a [/b]
elfprince13 wrote:
rofl, etc, and I mean I'm not missing a [/b]
Razz Cheater. Only I'm allowed to use that trick to make people look clueless. Wink
I think i will look more into app programming tommorow when i am more awake. I have a bunch of other stuff i want to finish first anyways so it will be a while before i actually start reading tutorials.
Sounds like a plan to me. Best of luck figuring it out, and be sure to check out Brass for your assembling needs (http://www.benryves.com/bin/brass)
KermMartian wrote:
Sounds like a plan to me. Best of luck figuring it out, and be sure to check out Brass for your assembling needs (http://www.benryves.com/bin/brass)

dont listen to him, brass is old and slow Wink get SPASM from http://www.revsoft.org

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours