I am having a little problem with a simple arrow animation I wanted to make for a future program. I never learned how to make good animations but I gave it a try and when I display it, it works but you can BARELY see it. Somebody please tell me what to add to the code to make it appear darker.

0->G
ClrDraw
Lbl 0
0->A:0->B
Lbl 1
Pt-On(A-1,B+1
Pt-On(A,B
Pt-On(A-1,B-1
Pt-Off(A-1,B+1
Pt-Off(A,B
Pt-Off(A-1,B-1
(A-1)->A
If A<-5:Then
Goto 2:End
Goto 1
Lbl 2
Pt-On(A-1,B+1
Pt-On(A,B
Pt-On(A-1,B-1
Pt-Off(A-1,B+1
Pt-Off(A,B
Pt-Off(A-1,B-1
(A+1)->A
If A>0:Then
Goto 1:End
Goto 2

Ignore the noobiness of this program, because I do not think I am a supernoob BASIC programmer, I just did this in like five minutes during math class today.
Main reason is that your pt-Off's are executed immediately after your pt-Ons. Add a
Code:
:For(K,0,9
:End
right after the pt-On's and it should be fine.
I tried that but in a different spot let me try it like that.

EDIT:Helps but still looks very light I am going to try to make the For( last longer.
Alright. Lemme know how it turns out. Oh, and you could optimize it a bit by turning
Code:
(A+1)->A
into
Code:
A+1->A

And you might wanna remove the If-Then-Goto. Turn it into

Code:
:If A<=5
:Goto 1
, otherwise it will slow down, and eventually cause a ERR:MEMORY. Same with the If A>0 thing.
Harrierfalcon wrote:
Alright. Lemme know how it turns out. Oh, and you could optimize it a bit by turning
Code:
(A+1)->A
into
Code:
A+1->A

this just may be me but i dont think that will help... ah well it doesnt matter
Save a couple bytes? Not that big a deal now, but when you get into big programs...
I know about the memory saving tips I just did not bother (or you could say bothered to put it in) because it is just a prototype.

EDIT: By the way Harrier I was looking at your Virtual Poker game how did you do the main screen on there?
off topic but did u ever try attaching a flash drive to ur calc mexi
I do not have the right cable to connect it.
k i was just curious
I just had a couple Horizontals, and some Text(-1...s.
I am ok at BASIC, I am not good enough to read other BASIC programmers minds Wink , could you please explain yourself a little more?
Instead of pointing out all the things that are wrong with that chunk of code, let me try to optimize it:

Code:
DelVar GDelVarADelvarBClrDraw
-1->D:While 1
Pt-On(A-1,B+1
Pt-On(A,B
Pt-On(A-1,B-1
A->C:A+D->A
D+2((A=-5)-(A=0->D
Pt-Off(C-1,B+1
Pt-Off(C,B
Pt-Off(C-1,B-1
End
You need to change the title because i have know idea what an animation porblem is.
that was quite possibly the most useless comment i've heard this month, you know what a porblem is.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
that was quite possibly the most useless comment i've heard this month, you know what a porblem is.

Na read some of allynfolksjr's posts and you will think other wise. Besides i was trying to be funny guess it wasnt all that though.
Im just in a kllrnohj'y kind of mood... (no offense 'nohj) did you the problem sorted out mexi?
Mexi, try to both use and understand my code. If you can succeed with one or both of those, you should be set.
Did a quick search on the page for the word 'loop' and found none. So my advice is to increase the loop duration. Place a For( statement in there for about 250, before the label is recalled, it should become darker.

Sorry for the bold. Sorry for the lameness. Sorry for this post. Not in the best of bestest moods at this particualr point in time. I won't say why as I will drasticly get this topic off topic.
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
Did a quick search on the page for the word 'loop' and found none. So my advice is to increase the loop duration. Place a For( statement in there for about 250, before the label is recalled, it should become darker.

Sorry for the bold. Sorry for the lameness. Sorry for this post. Not in the best of bestest moods at this particualr point in time. I won't say why as I will drasticly get this topic off topic.
Yeah, but you'll notice the code has been changed substantially, which should make it much darker.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours