Would you reccomend the movie 300?
Yes! it was soo cool!
 85%  [ 6 ]
No way dude! it was totally retarded
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Yes yes halo movie, it was going to be awesome, but the cost went up to much, and they dropped it.
clementop wrote:
so, Kllrnohj re-think what you said about games based on movies aight?

Ok, so something along the line of 99.99999999% of movie-based games suck, with the sole exception of 007: Goldeneye (all the other bonds sucked)

@Pseudo: How can you say that it would have been awesome if it was never released? I've seen a bunch of movie trailers that make the movie seem awesome... until you actually see the movie and you realize that you would rather have just watched the trailer on loop for 2 hours instead of the movie itself.

Besides, Halo sucks anyway - the levels are freaking copy and pasted together (no, seriously, they are. For example, go to the ship level thats near the beginning of the game and you will walk down the exact same hallway-circle-hallway thing so many times its not even funny - and they are all identically textured with the same monster hiding behind the circle thing) Hell, its not even that great as just a plain ol' multiplayer shooter.
If it was based offa the books =P the books where pwnsome. the game... eh, not so much. and at the repetiveness, its the inside of a battle ship. if you go onto a navy ship, ill betcha tons of the corridors look the exact same. but you can see the same rock or so multiple times a level...
I agree with kllrnohj here. Most games from movies suck buttious-maximus. My rule of them is to NEVER buy a game when its released about the same time as the movie. If its released 2+ years later, I might consider it.

[off-topic]On rare occasions, movies based on games also suck buttious-maximus. My example is Doom. The First-Person killed th movie I believe.[/off-topic]
I thought the first person part of the movie was pretty interesting. they do it in 300 a little.

EDIT: wait my bad, that was troy.
its a unique perspective, but it makes you feel like you have no control over the chain-saw or w/e. When playing an FPS, you can choose where to aim, but in the movie, its like weird... I never saw Doom or 300. Never saw Doom due to the First-Person, thought it killed the preview. Haven't seen 300 yet, but I want too. Wink
But like wii games that are in 1st person, with melee weapons, would be quite nice =) i havnt got my hands on a wii yet, i will next week though =D
Its not a movie... I played Medal of Honour on the Wii... Its odd, rather odd infact. But its fun. Add more element. Now, after playing Medal of Honour on the Wii and you go watch Doom, all the first person scenes are gunna be weird. Trust me. During those scene's you may involentary place your hands up like your holding the nun-chucks.

Confused
I was mentioning games in reference to this

Quote:
no control over the chain-saw or w/e.
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just saw 300 last night right after a house jacks concert!!!!!!!!! yesterday was the craziest!!!!!
check out the house jacks at www.housejacks.com
their beat boxer is crazy!!!!!! first a few jazz choirs sang
(i'm part of one of course)
then the hose jacks came up.....my mind got blown into tiny pieces!
it was really really crazy
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
its a unique perspective, but it makes you feel like you have no control over the chain-saw or w/e. When playing an FPS, you can choose where to aim, but in the movie, its like weird... I never saw Doom or 300. Never saw Doom due to the First-Person, thought it killed the preview. Haven't seen 300 yet, but I want too. Wink

Since you never saw doom, but rather only the preview, you have no right to critique it or say you don't like it because YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT. The trailer isn't the movie, so stfu until you see it. I loved the FPS scene in Doom, and the rest of the movie was pretty awesome as well. The only thing I really didn't like was that they altered the story from being demons from hell (totally awesome) to some generic virus (ugh)
like the previews of beer-fest made it out to be awesome, but it sucked totally.
clementop wrote:
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just saw 300 last night right after a house jacks concert!!!!!!!!! yesterday was the craziest!!!!!
check out the house jacks at www.housejacks.com
their beat boxer is crazy!!!!!! first a few jazz choirs sang
(i'm part of one of course)
then the hose jacks came up.....my mind got blown into tiny pieces!
it was really really crazy
Let's review the n00b signs:

1) Uses ALL CAPS: check
2) Uses excess exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: check
3) ignores punctuation and capitalization: check
4) puts line breaks after every line: check

While that post was admirably enthusiastic, kindly avoid knubliness. Wink
eh..i like my style. but yes it's very n00bish. I'm never gonna end being a n00b on forums. just thought you should know.
you may never stop getting comments like that then =D
clementop wrote:
eh..i like my style. but yes it's very n00bish. I'm never gonna end being a n00b on forums. just thought you should know.

*cough*, you are a n00b on this forum - hence the 'signs of a n00b' post Rolling Eyes, *cough*
true, well, I would say more newb than n00b, but ah well.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
you may never stop getting comments like that then =D
Quoted for emphasis. Wink
Kllrnohj wrote:
clementop wrote:

*cough*, you are a n00b on this forum - hence the 'signs of a n00b' post Rolling Eyes, *cough*

i know....i never said i wasn't. notice the I'm never gonna end being a n00b quote. That means that i am one, and that i will be one for an eternity. Read carefully before you make a statement.
clementop wrote:
i know....i never said i wasn't. notice the I'm never gonna end being a n00b quote. That means that i am one, and that i will be one for an eternity. Read carefully before you make a statement.

Try wording your posts clearly then. Its quite difficult to extract your desired meaning when you completely ignore all of the rules of English such as grammar in a vast majority of your posts. Rolling Eyes

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours