If anybody needs a program for a math class or even chemistry, reply to this post
im really getting bored in my classes and i need something to do.
Cool

I can do all math classes up to and including pre-calculus
i guess i could help out with some calculus programs, but u ppl prob can make your own since your SO SMART Laughing
Nah, since I'm SO SMART I just use my head Razz (or the calculator's built-in math utilities that a lot of people in my class seem to forget about - like the equation solver....)
i'm already set also...thnx to my sweet prog which shows me all the answers and the work! So all I do is jus copy it down.

If I know enough to make the program. I should be able to use it to make my life as easy as possible. (thats what i tell my friends and teachers)
May I also point out this?
http://www.ticalc.org/pub/83plus/basic/math
ya i guess...watev..
anyways, all the people using cemetech are pros at BASIC
clementop wrote:
ya i guess...watev..
anyways, all the people using cemetech are pros at BASIC
Not all of them, but the majority are.
true, we do happen to have a good amount of experience in the language here. I think if most of us needed a math program, we would write it (heck, about half the calcs at my school probably have at least one of my programs on it).
rivereye wrote:
true, we do happen to have a good amount of experience in the language here. I think if most of us needed a math program, we would write it (heck, about half the calcs at my school probably have at least one of my programs on it).
Indeed. Quick poll, how many of you make programs during tests to help solve problems?
only if things get repetitive on things, then I might, to save time (and I might try and do another problem without my calc while it does it work then).
I don't like to use other ppls math progs...first some math progs at ticalc really do suck...i mean...not to much functionality.

eg.
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/270/27050.html

This program is one that i just looked up. It carries the basic functions Sin , Cos, Tan, CSC, Sec, Cot and their inverses.
There is much more to Trig than just this though. For example. Say you are working with a circle and you want to calculate using degrees but you want your answer in radians. Yes you could easily convert using your head, but what if you don't wanna think too much...or your on a timed test. It should be an option what the output answer is in the form of.

Another thing I hate about trig programs is that when you request radians.
It pops out a decimal. I want exact numbers...thus a fraction would be required.

I would rather make my own...I know how to use it to its full extent. Also, it gives me practice. I have become somewhat efficient at optimizing my own code several times over.
KermMartian wrote:
rivereye wrote:
Indeed. Quick poll, how many of you make programs during tests to help solve problems?

I do in Physics constantly. Every once in a while for calc. I did on my SATs the first time I took them.
KermMartian wrote:
rivereye wrote:

i think it would be a waste of time creating a prog for the SAT. most of the questions should be different., they could be, however useful for the next test where people who arent as great at math can use them
clementop wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
rivereye wrote:

i think it would be a waste of time creating a prog for the SAT. most of the questions should be different., they could be, however useful for the next test where people who arent as great at math can use them
Not for other people, for yourself. Razz
I find programs useful for guess and check problems or "how many numbers have these attributes", or just plain old brute force problems. Smile
KermMartian wrote:

Never. The most I will do is type in formulas so that I don't have to memorize them. I have created mini-programs during tests to brute-force an answer, though.... (like the find a number where x + (x + 1) + (x + 2) == 45 or some crap like that. Obviously that is a simple problem I could do in my head, I was just using that as an example for the type of problems I'd have my calculator brute-force)
Yeah, the one I did for my SATs was brute force. I don't remember the exact question, but it was something like: What is the 42nd character in the pattern A, B, C, D, A, B, ....

A simple for loop with a 1-4 variable counter did the trick. I'm almost positive it was under 8 lines (probably 6).
foamy3 wrote:
Yeah, the one I did for my SATs was brute force. I don't remember the exact question, but it was something like: What is the 42nd character in the pattern A, B, C, D, A, B, ....

A simple for loop with a 1-4 variable counter did the trick. I'm almost positive it was under 8 lines (probably 6).

... The problem had to be harder than that! 4 characters, so 4 x 10 and then 2 more, the answer would be B...
Meh, it probably was harder than that, but I got really nervous in the test anyway, so it might have been that easy.
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

...I have created mini-programs during tests to brute-force an answer, though.... (like the find a number where x + (x + 1) + (x + 2) == 45 or some crap like that. Obviously that is a simple problem I could do in my head, I was just using that as an example for the type of problems I'd have my calculator brute-force)
That's what I meant.
yeah, same here, why really do that work myself, the school made me buy that hardware, I am going to use it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours