Did you think the Elite manual was useful?
Yes
 63%  [ 7 ]
Sorta
 27%  [ 3 ]
No
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

GangstaNerd wrote:
what does it take to become a basic elite? Like...to become a part of the group...then ranks...etc..

I can tell i'm no where near good enough to even join...but hey..maybe some day. I got much to learn, but i'm ok for a self taught basic programmer.

I started there =D

Someone told me you could program the calc and I didn't believe them, than I started. I got my sister's calc (I use it now, she doesn't need it and she is at college) And in about 6 months I was pretty good at it. Now I think its been almost a year since I join Cemetech.
basically, you have to submit a program and an application to Kerm, and he goes over it. Then, if the quality isn't there, but the potential is, you become an apprentice. If the quality is there, you become one of the Elite (btw, I am the first ever BASIC Elite Apprentice, but have proved myself to be one of the Elite now).
oh...ok. Thnx.
And for those curious where the app went, check it out here:
http://www.cemetech.net/projects/basicelite/application.html
Oh and GanstaNerd if you keep saying you are not good enough then you will never be.
not good enough...yet.
ya we all have to be POSITIVE yay!!!! anyways, i'm working hard on becoming a better programmer..

(see that was positive thought although i was demoting myself as a noobish programmer)

maybe i could become an apprentice myself ooooOO that sounds cool
you know what they say, shoot for the moon, if you miss, you will land among the starts.

I would send in the app, see what happens.
might as well TRY
rivereye wrote:
you know what they say, shoot for the moon, if you miss, you will land among the starts.

I would send in the app, see what happens.

...OR...you'll be floating around in the emptiness of space for all eternity...hehehe Very Happy
we are not that evil. If we don't think you are worthy, then we will just make sure that you know where you can improve.
Don't believe him, they really are evil.
Trust me.
Don't believe him, he really is a troll.
Trust me.
Don't believe them, they don't know what they're talking about.
GNERD SAYS SO!!!!
Dont listen to them all. Tyeh anter labe to lkat plyropre! (They aren't able to talk properly!)

When they say "your best program", are they talking about Basic programs? ( /me has ideas)
what else would the BASIC Elite accept? Pure BASIC only please.
rivereye wrote:
what else would the BASIC Elite accept? Pure BASIC only please.

BASIC or TIBASIC?

JK. I know...i'm not stupid. OR AM I? You'll never know...ha ha ha haha!

So the Basic Elite looks for skills in Optimization, and what else? Organization?

Is documentation necessary also?
well, it does help if you can make useful documentation. What good is your program to me if I don't know how to run it.
rivereye wrote:
well, it does help if you can make useful documentation. What good is your program to me if I don't know how to run it.

i am sry I did not clarify. I meant documentation as in...

April 20, 2007 - GUI Bug is fixed
April 21, 2007 - Skill Multiplier is fitted into flowchart
April 23, 2007 - Basic Skill Multiplier is programmed.

that type of documentation.
That type of documentation, and also readme-type documentation that explains your program and how to use it clearly and concisely.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours