[frowns as he reads Kllrnohj's post]
[nervously fumbling for words] Whoa. [uneasy laugh] Wow. Wasn't expecting that. [normally] Well... at first I had my own opinion. Then I tried to quote. I did that like four times and couldn't get it to work correctly, and I was about to complain about this, but someone was trying to talk to me in another window, so I got lazy, said that, and left everything as is in frustration.
I have not had time to look at it yet Kerm.

And I agree, MOS is not overly stable, as I had it just sitting on my calc, and went to turn it on after a few weeks of not using it, and was greeted by the RAM Clear message.

Oh, and BrandonW thinks I am imagining it or something. Rolling Eyes He keeps telling me it is not possible for MOS to be doing that, even though it has done it on every 83+ I have had. Rolling Eyes
I've only had Mirage crash due to poorly written programs (always with 1.2). It seems to be the most stable shell around.
Demon wrote:
[frowns as he reads Kllrnohj's post]
[nervously fumbling for words] Whoa. [uneasy laugh] Wow. Wasn't expecting that. [normally] Well... at first I had my own opinion. Then I tried to quote. I did that like four times and couldn't get it to work correctly, and I was about to complain about this, but someone was trying to talk to me in another window, so I got lazy, said that, and left everything as is in frustration.

That wasn't just directed at you, there just seems to be a sudden surge of "quote for emphasis" recently and yours just finally ticked me off enough for a rant Smile
I may have Mirage crash my calc a couple times, but nothing that a RAM reset didn't result of. I once tried DCS, it rendered my calc almost useless (I got lucky and was able to get it going again).
rivereye wrote:
I may have Mirage crash my calc a couple times, but nothing that a RAM reset didn't result of. I once tried DCS, it rendered my calc almost useless (I got lucky and was able to get it going again).
That's not a fair comparison though, as you were using an early beta of Doors CS versus a full release of MirageOS. Oh, and the current version only seems to be fatally unstable regarding CALCnet2, and only on real calcs (wtf?!).

Demon: what are you talking about when you say "DCS isn't wanting to rearchive the programs it unarchives." ?
here's my checklist of things I want to make sure haven't slipped your mind :p

• runprog
  • sorting work properly?
  • GUIMouse hotkey/event handler support
  • FileSaveAs running stably/allow you to specify overwrite/no-overwrite.
  • wierd double XORing issue with GUI routines?
  • fully GUIfied? (i.e. no lame, text-only "Archiving Appvar" message)
1. That's for 6.1 - not vital for 6.0 release.
2. Still crashing - I'm trying to debug Tari's code
3. Done and documented in the wiki
4. It's _been_ stable; don't recall what I did about overwrite.
5. Send me code and an executable; never encounter this with my code.
6. Unimportant for 6.0, but I might do it anyway.
KermMartian wrote:
1. That's for 6.1 - not vital for 6.0 release.
2. Still crashing - I'm trying to debug Tari's code
3. Done and documented in the wiki
4. It's _been_ stable; don't recall what I did about overwrite.
5. Send me code and an executable; never encounter this with my code.
6. Unimportant for 6.0, but I might do it anyway.

1. Sad I wants teh be able to delete MOS and still be able to run programs off my thumbdrive.
2. heh.
3. w00tz, checking that now.
4. overwritability would be nice.
5. will do.
6. purtiness factor, text only messages look SO out of place/lame when you have a sweet GUI library that is THE selling point of DCS, and it takes so little work to actually make the lil' dialog.
1. I'll see how much time I have
2. Heh heh.
3. Kk.
4. Tomorrow I'll check what I did
5. kk
6. Fine, if you insist.
so, how do we get information regarding the state of the mouse/keys from GUIMouse in our hotkey routine?
....you poll the keyboard? The point is to allow extra action keybinding, not direct modification of the mouse location and clicking...
I could change it to drop some hints to the hook routine, I guess, and act on results. Want that?
it would be nice to at least know the location of the mouse, if not be able to change it.
Here's a small bug I found:

1) Clear all the ram and delete any DCS variable files including archived ones.
2) Open DCS
3) Go to about
4) Press [on]
5) Press [vars]
6) Turn back on calculator after it suddenly turned off
7) BLUE Screen!
chesspro wrote:
Here's a small bug I found:

1) Clear all the ram and delete any DCS variable files including archived ones.
2) Open DCS
3) Go to about
4) Press [on]
5) Press [vars]
6) Turn back on calculator after it suddenly turned off
7) BLUE Screen!
Nice job! Easily fixed with a single res onInterrupt,(iy+onFlags) and reset of the key matrix at the "About" pause.
Quote:
Demon: what are you talking about when you say "DCS isn't wanting to rearchive the programs it unarchives." ?

When I exit a program that was archived when I executed it, it says Archive Error and I have to go and rearchive it myself.
Demon wrote:
Quote:

When I exit a program that was archived when I executed it, it says Archive Error and I have to go and rearchive it myself.
For what program(s) and situation? Every program and execution attempt? What calc model?
It did it when I ran any archived program on the calc. At least ION/MirageOS programs, 'cause I dunno about if it did it with archived BASIC progs or not...
Are your batteries low? What calculator model?
People who say MOS crashes and have 1.2 must being doing something they shouldn't be doing because of all my 5 years using it it has never crashed on me and is the most reliable. One huge problem with DCS6 RC1 that I have. It can't run grayscale games and some games run way too fast. Ok I tried Macoderz 5th year anniversary, didn't work, I tried MicroHertz, didn't work, I did Space Station Pheta, ran way too fast and as everyone knows that game needs percision and when its reading multiple keypresses and doing 3 moves at one time that isn't good, I tried Grayscale tunnel and that worked but ran so fast that I couldn't even see the walls. I don't know what is happening but its turning me away from DCS6 RC1 and I'm going to stick with MOS for now because it does good with all of that.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours