I figured it would be good to start a topic where people can tell of funny quotes that they have been told by others.

One that i hear a lot from my mom when we get report cards is: "If you spent as much time on your school work and studying as you do programming than you would have straight A's."

Whenever i hear that one i can only smile.
lafferjm wrote:
One that i hear a lot from my mom when we get report cards is: "If you spent as much time on your school work and studying as you do programming than you would have straight A's."

Trust me, its possible to do both at the same time... Also, you can throw some video games in there to Wink
"They misunderestimated me" - george dubya
"Clothes make the man, naked people have litle or no influence in society." -Mark Twain
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins
"Whenever you come to a fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra
"Wars are God's way of teaching Americans geography." - Ambrose Bierce
"Speak softly and drive a Panzer." -My friend's mom
"It was a brave man who first tried an oyster..." -A sign at a seafood restaraunt in NC
"If you can't say something nice about a person then at least say it behind his back." -Dogbert
"Don't squat with your spurs on." -Guy on the radio
"You have, of course, just begun reading the sentence that you have just finished reading." -Unknown
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -Unknown
I don't even know what street Canada is on -Al Capone
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door. -Paul Beatty
Life is like stepping onto a boat which is about to sail out to sea and sink.-Shunryu Suzuki Roshi
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
"Join the Dark Side....we have cookies!" -Unknown
#DEFINE QUESTION "2b || !2b"
"If you can't fix it with duct tape, then it's broken."
Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at. -Carlos A. Urbizo

"I'll try to get more later" -the_m0053
"No really...I will." -the_m0053
"...I was just kidding..." -the_m0053
"Smell that. Thats the smell of victory!" (after farting) -ME! Very Happy
"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious." - Alan Minter, Boxer
"You guys line up alphabetically by height." - Bill Peterson, Florida State football coach
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." - Britney Spears, Pop Singer
"China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese." - Charles De Gaulle, former French President
"If you give a person a fish, they'll fish for a day. But if you train a person to fish, they'll fish for a lifetime." - Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President
"Procrastinate now, don't put it off." - Unkown
"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." -Unkown
"To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." -Unkown
"I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally." - W.C. Fields
"I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens." - Woody Allen
"I've got more!" -the_m0053
(From the Grand Theft Auto: Vice City radio stations!)

"The fact is business is run by moral people who won't do anything illegal or try to get rich quickly."- Alex Shrub
"Most people are idiots, and that's exactly who my teachings appeal to."- Pastor Richards
"And that's just the kind of person I am: opinionated and moronic."- Jan Brown
"See, there are some people that think everything has to make money. It
doesn't! That's why you should give now."- Michelle Montanius
"Remember, VCPR is an advertising free zone, much like the moon or Time Square."- Jonathan Freeloader
"I am not a racist. I hate everybody irrelevant of other issues. But I especially hate Yankees." --John Hickory
"Baseball is our national sport - our national passtime. Joining together as men in order to reward the act of running around in a circle." --Alex Shrub
"If you put a bunch of leftovers from the fridge in a pan and bake it, somebody will probably eat it." --Pastor Richards
"When I was in jail, I got the idea for my current business." --Jeremy Robard
"We are sorry our president is an idiot. We did not vote for him." - the French writing on the tag on a shirt, following washing instructions.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours