All projects suspended.
I got in trouble at school because of some stupid, stupid, stupid idea for an animation/game I got - and executed the moment I got bored writing games. I got caught showing the funny but highly graphic animation off at the last period of the day. Now I'm suspended for a week; my Grandma has given up on me and wants nothing to do with me anymore; my mom is pissed, and I won't be able to use the computer until the summer or next year and I probably can't have my calculator back until next year or until I go to college (but fortunantly I still have the other one so I can still write games and utilities).

See you later in the future, hopefully... :oops: :disapointed:
Hmm... Sorry to hear that. I'm really wondering what the animation was of, though.
Undoubtedly something highly immature of a carnal sort... Razz
I second Alex. And Insanity, while the response sounds like slight overreaction, this is a perfect example of when it pays to think before you act.
Wait.... so a calculator animation got you suspended for a week? WTF is wrong with these people...

What exactly was this animation that it was so bad? (pm me if you do not want to post it...)
Harq wrote:
Wait.... so a calculator animation got you suspended for a week? WTF is wrong with these people...

What exactly was this animation that it was so bad? (pm me if you do not want to post it...)

Animations can be quite bad, depending. One kid at my school had an animation where the teacher had a pizza delivered to his house (with the pepperoni forming a Nazi swastika), with the delivery boy remarking "you don't have on any pants", before showing a very detailed 'rape' scene.... Extremely funny, but if the teacher would have seen that, it would have been "GAME OVER" Very Happy
That's bad, though!
Was that on a calc? Razz
calc84maniac wrote:
Was that on a calc? Razz

The one I said? Yes, it was all drawn on an 83+
Jeez. Some people have too much free time Razz
alex10819 wrote:

I neglected to mention that was all done in class, which the teacher in the program was teaching Very Happy (hence the reason he was making it - he hated that teacher...)
Ha. We've never had that sorta problem at our school... though in Algebra2H, a kid did hit our teacher in the back of the head with something...
Kllrnohj wrote:
alex10819 wrote:

I neglected to mention that was all done in class, which the teacher in the program was teaching Very Happy (hence the reason he was making it - he hated that teacher...)

Nice. Just a Pic Var slideshow or was it Line(, PxlOn, ... etc?
Pic Var - and he had me show him how to write the code to display em and then wait...
I think I know what animation that was...*hint* Insanity's ex-avatar. Wink
oh boy, how ever you happen to do it, it is still a lot of work to do, something I don't care to have the patience to do really.
PyroSysX Web Desktop
I'll make something else that I can update faster (and away from home) instead.

Nakamuru

aMAZE

PyroEdit III

PyroEdit Plug-in: PyroMap

BlocBuster

Moshpit
Status (ASM): Temporarily aborted.
Status (BASIC): Queued, position 2.

Adaelus BASIC IDE

Guardian

BasiChat 2.0
Rather than "temporarily aborted" (as thats a bit of an oxymoron), how about "suspended" or "delayed indefinitely"?
PyroEdit III
PyroEdit III has been simplified and optimized down to just about 3.5k and three programs.
DragonMod 1.0
DragonMod is a subroutine that reads DragonMod libraries and allows you to execute modules within the libraries. Soon, it will allow you to also add and remove modules from libraries, too.

Program request: I need a program that does the following to complete this project:
- Store a string into a program.
- If the program already exists on the calc, the program's current contents will be replaced with the string.
- If the program doesen't exist, it will create a new one and store the string to it.
- If the program is archived, then it will try to unarchive it and then store the string.
- If something fails, an error will be returned.

I know Celtic does this already, but Celtic is too big, and only replaces a line at a time of a program.

PyroEdit III
PyroEdit is getting rebuilt again. Each PyroEdit -- and PyroMap -- function will be a module within a DragonMod library. This will supercede the Plug-In Executor in the API, especially when DragonMod's add and remove module feature gets added.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours