-- Adaelus BASIC IDE --
Description: This will be a replacement for TI-OS program editor with many features not found in the TI-OS editor, such as find and replace, etc.

-- PyroEdit 3.0 Sprite and Tilemap Editor --
Description: This new version of PyroEdit will have a totally graphical GUI, and will have even fewer subroutines (~5). Also, some of the plug-ins which I have made for it so far will be integrated into the base, including the PyroMap Tilemapper. If PyroEdit should crash for some reason (buggy plug-ins, etc.), then instead of hard-crashing back to the shell, the error will be caught and you will be able to save your work and restart or exit safely back to the shell.
Screenshots: Soft crash:

-- PyroEdit 2.2 Sprite Editor --
Current Version: 2.2
Description: PyroEdit, the successor to Pyro's Sprite Editor, is a graphics editor that utilizes Patrick Prendergast's xLIB app to let you edit Pics and sprite sheets on your calculator. PyroEdit gives you many more features than the tools in TI-OS's DRAW menu. On top of that, if you design graphical games on your calc, PyroEdit will help you get through the spriting process much faster. PyroEdit's core is minimal for those who don't need, want, or have room for lots of extra bells and whistles. However, if you do want some extra features, then you install plug-ins.
Screenshots:

-- [PyroEdit 2.2 Plug-In] ZoomEdit --
Current Version: 1.0
Description: ZoomEdit reimplements that nice little zoom feature that Pyro's Sprite Editor had. It also lets you transpose and invert, too.
Screenshots:

-- ShipShooter --
Description: ShipShooter is a simple xLIB mini-game I made where you try to shoot as many ships as you can within 500 cycles. The more ships you shoot, the faster they go, making it harder to keep up. You'll need the xLIB application to play it. In one upload, I forgot to include the spritesheet - fixed that. Also made a grouped version for those who are (unfortunantly) using TI-Connect.
Screenshots:

-- Pyro's Compactor --
Description: Pyro's Compactor is a matrix, list, and now also a string compressor that will compact+compress a matrix or list with non-decimal numbers randing from zero to 234 and compress strings.
Screenshots:

-- String Array Subroutine --
Current Version: 2.0, BASIC
Description: Emulates an array, letting you implement arrays into your programs. This subroutine allows you to split and retrieve the first value of a delimited string, create an indexed array from a delimited string, get an element from an array, find the element in an array containing a value, add/delete elements from the array, and, expirimentally, replace a value in an element of the array.

-- GraphCache Routine --
Current Version: 2.0
Description: Pushes and pops graphscreen saves. Very useful for layering things like menus and dialogs dynamically on the screen without having to redraw everything once the user closes one. You'll need xLIB (included) to use these.
Wait ... are you telling me that every single one of these requires xLib?!
All except the String Array Sub, and Pyro's Compactor, in which it is optional.
OMGbump!
Heh.

Here's more:

-- Moshpit (ASM) --
Description: "...A fighting/sumo game where you get to battle against different creatures and have many attacks to choose from. ... The idea would be to defeat the combatant while staying within the bounds of the screen.
Screenshots:
(This is from an older BASIC version that never got put out. It's the same general idea).

-- Nakamuru III --
Description: A "forever-freaky AI bot...[that used to be] on IRC, now on your calc. Like my last one (which killed itself), this one learns on its own as you talk to it." Hopefully this one won't "kill itself" like every one I have made so far has managed to somehow do -- freaky -- but at least now, I'll have backups. Razz
A short conversation (older version):
Quote:
Scott>> Hello again.
Nakamuru>> Hi.
S>> How are you?
N>> I am fine.
S >> Do you want to be released as beta yet?
N>> What's it to you?
S>> Because people want to talk to you.
N>> Oh.
S>> So do you want to go out into the world?
N>> I'm not sure.
S>> Are you nervous?
N>> No.
S>> Or are you just lazy?
N>> No.
S>> Well, do you?
N>> Yes.
S>> That's good.
N>> Thank you.

-- Dependency Checker --
Description: This subroutine lets your programs make sure subroutines it needs to run are installed on a user's calculator.

-- GUI Subroutine --
Description: An API for drawing/getting user input from windows, menus, text input boxes, and number input.

-- aMAZE --
Description: A Pacman-like game. Collect the food and powerups, avoid the maze guardian and other traps. More ideas will be added soon.
Just for the record, I don't hate xLib at all; I'm actually impressed with how popular it has become. I'm merely disappointed that so many programmers find their pure-BASIC skills insufficient to make fun/useful/cool/fast programs.
you have it admit, it can be a challenge to use it will Wink

It looks like he does though, pretty good graphics on those
Harq wrote:

A challenge to use what well, xLib or pure? I'd agree either way, but for pure BASIC, I consider it a positive challenge, something that makes me a more skilled programmer, to overcome its limitations.
KermMartian wrote:
Harq wrote:

A challenge to use what well, xLib or pure? I'd agree either way, but for pure BASIC, I consider it a positive challenge, something that makes me a more skilled programmer, to overcome its limitations.

Xlib

Sure you can make a program that says "ooh ooh! Look at my 1337 sprite moving skizzles!" or you could make a metroid level game. Your choice Razz
I prefer Pure Basic also, but thats most likely because I've never used an ASM library.
I don't like pure BASIC as much as I do BASIC+xLIB 'cause with xLIB you can keep the program and it's subroutines in the Archive rather than having to keep parts of it out in RAM.

On top of that, had I made my programs pure BASIC - take PyroEdit for example, I'd end up with a program that was over 10k rather than the ~6k it is right now with the full GUI and everything.
Just to settle stuff...

Pure Basic:
P: No external libs required
P: 0.001% crash probability
P: Debugging made easy
C: Slow
C: Poor GFX (depending on programmer)

Hybrid:
P: External libs required
C: High crash probability, easy to lost 2-3 month project in an eye-blink
P: Debugging still easy
P: Faster
P: Better GFX
P: More possibilities

I still prefer Pure Basic though.

Demon, the PyroEdit at UTI won't let me send it to my calc. It says "Incompatible type". WTF??
Harrierfalcon wrote:

Has anyone here actually had a basic program crash? From the actual interpreter, not an overflow or syntax.

Also, why do you have all p's for hybrid? Losing all your work is not a pro Razz
The most feasible reason I can think of that PyroEdit won't transfer with TI-Connect is because there are some "special" tokens I used like Strings "Archive " and "?," and Pic240. (Splash screen pic, but you don't really need it.)

For some reason, TI-Connect dosen't like it when certain tokens are used in programs or if you try to transfer Pics over Pic9 / Pic0. For that reason, I'm using TILP.
@Harq: You're right. Oops. And I have on occasion crashed my calc with Pure Basic, RAM Clear and everything. Ever try doing this?

Code:
:999->dim(L1
:SortA(L1
:SortD(L1
That's not what I did, but I think what I did do was infect my calc with ASM stuff which caused the crash.

@Demon: You're supposed to group all the files and pics, then submit it.
I couldn't becuase they are all archived.
I left it that way so when they are sent to the calc they go right to the archive.
Harq wrote:
Harrierfalcon wrote:

Has anyone here actually had a basic program crash? From the actual interpreter, not an overflow or syntax.

Also, why do you have all p's for hybrid? Losing all your work is not a pro Razz
expr("") on a TI-83 not-plus. Sad The old version, base code 1.06.
The download locations:
TIcalc.org: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/97/9768.html
My Website:  http://pyrosysx.mine.nu/TIStuff/
Omnimaga: http://omnimaga.org/index.php?showtopic=681&st=75
UnitedTI:  Check the Downloads section.
Moshpit
I finally got the AI going. Using the API to flip now, but I still need to figure out some things before I try adding it.

PyroEdit III
Still working on the tilemapper, and still trying to optimize this 13-kilobyte beast. Plug-in system has yet to be remade.
Added:
GUI: You can now use the number keys to jump to and double-click on a menu item so you don't have to scroll so much. Hitting a number once will jump to that item number; hitting the same number again will select it.
Crash Handler: Now tells you exactly what kind of error occured rather than just a number. Also allows you to toggle the Crash Handler.
Preferences: Toggling the Crash Handler will restart PyroEdit when you exit preferences. Will make this so it will ask permission first.
PyroPS (powersave): Dosen't kill any other vars than C/Y so that PyroEdit dosen't act weird when you're in menus, etc.
By the way, I hate to pick on HF, but I've seen people say things like this too many times:
Harrierfalcon wrote:
...but I think what I did do was infect my calc with ASM stuff which caused the crash...
A calculator doesn't get "infected" with ASM! Assembly is a human-recognizable formatting of machine code, the series of bits that the processor interprets. It's the basis of everything on your calculator, from the OS to BASIC programs to Apps to ASM programs. ASM is always or never on your calc, depending on whether you use the loose interpretation of 'ASM' as covering machine code. That instability is due to bad coding on TI's part.
Moshpit
Screenshots:
(The BASIC version):

(The ASM version):

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours